Showtime Anytime for Dish Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any scuttlebutt on this? Rumors? Hearsay? Word on the street? Does Huggy Bear know anything? Johnny the shoe shine boy? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going to happen until the current CBS contract expires (reportedly at the end of the year). Given Les' statements thus far, The CBS contract renewal may be far messier than the Disney negotiation.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Actually, Les has softened his public comments. However, he certainly feels that given CBS Net place in ratings and other CBS properties Dish should be willing to pay more than Dish may have paid Disney. The question is will Les take part in Dish's Ad scheme as Disney has? That would indicate a focus on business and not personalities. But, Les is the one made it about personalities with Howard Stern.

I don't care about most CBS properties. I just want to be able to stream SHO on demand. I already pay for SHO. So, I should get the same benefits as any other subscriber.

Technically, the only thing that needs to be done is to integrate Showtime's authentication with Dish's AD/LDAP, presumably with SAML 2.0 protocol.

I imagine offering On-Demand though the Dish receivers is a bit more complex. But, I'd rather use Roku or possibly FireTV, anyway.

I would rather get some of the additional Showtime channels (even in SD) than be given access to Showtime Anytime. Sho Next, Sho Family Zone, and Sho Exteme HD
That would be nice, too. (Although, I'm not interested in any SD channels at all.) But, that's definitely a programming contract issue, anyway one looks at it. So, it's understandable that it would need to wait for contract renewal time.

But, Showtime Anytime is only a contract issue if CBS is a dick about it, which they apparently are. They would not be providing additional programming beyond what we Showtime subscribers already pay for. They would only be providing access to another viewing method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts