Showtime Anytime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Has anyone else heard updates on this?

I did ask Dish recently, and they made it sound like they were working on it but it was not available yet.

I think that is BS because there is nothing to work on...they just have to work out an agreement with Showtime to accept our accounts and we can watch the same historical content that everyone else who pays for Showtime gets to enjoy!

Anyway, curious what you've heard...

Given that Time Warner Cable got access to Showtime Anytime last month (although still not available) only after battling CBS over carriage rates (CBS pulled Showtime off TWC), we probably will not see it on Dish until the next CBS renewal. Looks like CBS charges for this access.

Dish last negotiated CBS rates a few months before the Hopper came out. Given that CBS is now suing Dish they are probably not really in a mood to bargain over SHO Anytime.

To save the rest of the population from what I just went through, the one line about Showtime anytime being available is at the very bottom of the boring, rubbish. In fact do yourself a favor, just know Showtime expects all subscribers to be able to use the anytime service....

Now if ABC and Dish come to an agreement over Autohop where Dish keeps it and ABC is happy about it (i.e. getting some $$ from Dish), CBS has already stated that they would love to be in on the action too and I would expect CBS to be next in line to get some Autohop $$... Then maybe CBS and Dish can come to an agreement with respect to Showtime Anytime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts