Showtime HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I'm glad I'm not wasting $20/month on this piece of crap! :( I tuned in 2 different HD designated shows on "ShowtimeHD" last night and all I can say is "What a piece of crap". :no

The 2 shows I tuned in looked worse than a DVD. I was recording these shows on my my DVR and switching between "HD" and the PVR, there was very little difference, how sad. :mad:

I've heard before that ShowtimeHD was not up to par and this cements it for me, they should be ashamed of what they are trying to pass off as HD. :no

Goldeneye is just starting and looks pretty darned good to me. OAR, too.

I've been pretty impressed with the free movie channels so far. Of course, I don't get out much, so these movies are all new to me. I've particularly enjoyed Legally Blonde 2, and Bowling For Columbine (genius).

Sean Mota said:
Not everything on showtime is HD as they have upconverts.
It's still a poor excuse for HD, they should not call it HD if they upconvert so poorly. :mad:

I did tune in to check a couple others and they were much better, but not "blow my socks off" quality. I had custody of my daughter this weekend so TV time was very minimal but I managed to record about 10 movies.