Shrinking dish :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N0EXE

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Wisconsin
I am near my wits end. Love my 10' BUD & 4DTV, but I want to get more HD and wish there was more choices for newer equipment. Bought a HDD200 this spring from Skyvision but didn't get the HDTV until this summer, when I hooked it up, it didin't work. White washes out after about 30 minutes. Called Skyvision and got a phone # to call. They said the unit was no longer on the repair list. Google search didn't find anyplace else for repair. I am shopping for pizza pans since they have nice (and new) HD receivers/DVRs, but the service is $$ (cheaper than the broken HDD200!). If anyone can save me from shrinking dish problem, I would appreciate it.

can't help but I will say that I think my analog BUD looks better than the pizza pan HD. Its so compressed, the "HD" is a joke. Sorry I know its not helping but I'd look for another HDD200

Keep your big dish. But get a little dish too.( The Dishnet hd only pak compliments my system very well) And then get a DVBHD receiver (Coolsat 8000 or other S-2 capable) for your big dish and after that you should have plenty of HD. If your not into seeing a couple HD movie channels on the 4DTV then i don't really think it's worth it to get another HDD-200.

I seem to have had a revelation overnight. This venting thing does have some merit. After I started the thread, I thought about what I was contemplating all week and realized, "yeah, I'm an idiot:rolleyes:". I never got the dish for fancy tv. I love radio and the dish is part of the hobby, getting great tv this cheap is a side benefit.
NEW Thread coming:eureka.
Thanks for listening, much more to come.:D

One of my friends got pizza dish HD. It's truely a poor quality for "HD" as they call it.
I am not just saying that because I am a bud subscriber, but that's my honest opinion of it.
I saw it, flipped through the HD channel lineup the pizza dish had.

It even looks like some of the HD is just "up converted" standard def.
I have a dvd recorder that will do that.

The DVR was nice. Pizza dish prices seem much higher too.

The only real gain pizza dishes have is if you have several tv's in the house that need to be able to tune seperate channels at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)