Sick and Tired Of Waiting For Locals, How Can I "Move?"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
"But back on topic, if you are not in the footprint to get spotbeams of the locals for the address you pick, then you still won't have them. Maybe try a neighboring DMA for close locals, or the middle of nowhere for distants. Keep your billing address current however, just move the service address. Also, pick an apartment that has 100 units then use apt 105 let's say. Or add a A or B to an addy."

Pick an apartment that has 10 receivers in it, boy that won't raise any red flags!!!

You misread what I said (I think). Say an apt. complex has 100 units. Move service to apt. #200. There is no 200. So, unless someone else has picked that same address and same apt. number, there is no 10 receivers already.

Also... DNS = Distant Network Service - basically network feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, PBS from LA or NY.

But, as other have posted, this does violate the TOS terms. So buyer beware!

Oh, and "moving" is against DIRECTV policy. You are only to receive locals in your DMA.

oh no I'm going to hell because I'm a "mover" :rolleyes:

wait a minute...according to your rules "You are only to receive locals in your DMA." I DO get my locals + a few extras as sig viewed so I guess I'm OK ;)
People "move" all the time. We've been down this road. The providers dont care. I've been with D* for 27 months now......and out of those 27 months I've had my legit address on file....oh 3 months total. A month when I started, then a month when I upgraded to HD and recently a month when I got the HR34

Iceberg said:
I've been with D* for 27 months now......and out of those 27 months I've had my legit address on file....oh 3 months total. A month when I started, then a month when I upgraded to HD and recently a month when I got the HR34

I was moved for seven years. Nobody cared.

oh no I'm going to hell because I'm a "mover"

LOL. You saying Jesus wont hold it againts me?

If it is any consolation to you, Bakersfield is scheduled to get upgraded to HD locals this year.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/277947-2012-new-hd-local-launches.html

No idea which of the next 7 months though.

Thanks JC. I saw that back when you first posted it up, but thats only part of the problem as they are only carrying 6 of about 18 channels. :(

If you're trying to pick a fictional in between address I recommend using zillow.com. You can zoom in on the map and it will show every legit lot address.

RV parks are great for "moving". Just use it as a summer home or something, its already all set up and looks great and keep the billing address the same since that is where you get all your mail sent etc.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the person trying to make this an issue.

Aridon said:
RV parks are great for "moving". Just use it as a summer home or something, its already all set up and looks great and keep the billing address the same since that is where you get all your mail sent etc.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the person trying to make this an issue.

That person can go to the other site where the mods are beholden to DirecTV for some reaon.

So for the people who "move" what makes you so special to no follow the rules and provide Directv with the legit address where the equipment is used to receive the service?. You are lying to Directv and if SI catches it, sure they will turn off your service until the proper address is given. My locals suck, but I follow the rules, simple as that. Directv could possibly get into legal trouble by providing locals for a customer that either is the ones not in their DMA or DNS for ones that don't qualify. Remember what happened to Dish Network?.. So is it ok to run a red light because you want to, but everyone else stops for it?. People who provide a false address for a service that they are not supposed to receive are guilty of fraud, plain and simple!!

I understand your position, but fraud implies a financial benefit which doesn't exist here.

Directv could possibly get into legal trouble by providing locals for a customer that either is the ones not in their DMA or DNS for ones that don't qualify.

ONLY if they "willingly" do this, KNOWING the "correct" physical location. If the sub has "moved", D* will (obviously) have documentation to prove otherwise.

Remember what happened to Dish Network?..

Yea, & obviously you do NOT - DISH got into trouble by willingly providing (DNS) OOM nets to subs they already KNEW were NOT in a "white area".
It had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with subs "moving". (AND BTW, E* subs STILL move to this day - so it still didn't make ANY diff in that respect) :rolleyes:

So is it ok to run a red light because you want to, but everyone else stops for it?.

Totally apples & steak - but I guess if YOUR world is THAT black & white, oh well :rolleyes:

People who provide a false address for a service that they are not supposed to receive are guilty of fraud, plain and simple!!

Raoul already provided an appropriate response for this.

Irregardless, I think I can speak for the other movers here, as well as myself, you were unsuccessful at having us "move back" (especially since I've been "moved" for almost a decade now!) Too bad so sad.
As already pointed out, you can pontificate over at the other site with open arms - next...

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanZ28
The main issue with myself and moving, is not that your moving,
Its that you guys are way too open about it to just random people.

I know the facts of it. But maybe you should only release this information in a Pub members area, or in a PM!

Because fact is Lying about your address is against Directv policy.

Whats going to happen? Who cares? Not the point! Point is your telling customers in a wide open area how to trick the system into allowing you to switch DMA's.
You know for a fact Directv is not aloud to give you out of market Locals.

So is this any different then hacking? You tell me ? Your still benifitting from a service you had to LIE to obtain. Right?

Reactions: AmericanZ28
dtro77 said:
The main issue with myself and moving, is not that your moving,
Its that you guys are way too open about it to just random people.

I know the facts of it. But maybe you should only release this information in a Pub members area, or in a PM!

Because fact is Lying about your address is against Directv policy.

Whats going to happen? Who cares? Not the point! Point is your telling customers in a wide open area how to trick the system into allowing you to switch DMA's.
You know for a fact Directv is not aloud to give you out of market Locals.

So is this any different then hacking? You tell me ? Your still benifitting from a service you had to LIE to obtain. Right?

This is an actual legit argument here. I agree on just about all levels. Too many people browse these forums for advice and seeing it on here how to cheat isn't exactly the best thing for the forums however, PMing isn't a bad idea. Lie to obtain, it's kinda hard to say its completely wrong. Movers are still paying for the service so personally I don't see the issue. You want something that costs money so you pay for it regardless of lying they're still going to pay for them every month

For me myself in 2012 I wouldn't put up with SD only locals or better yet no locals at all, so I would move as well if I had to.

This is an actual legit argument here. I agree on just about all levels. Too many people browse these forums for advice and seeing it on here how to cheat isn't exactly the best thing for the forums however, PMing isn't a bad idea. Lie to obtain, it's kinda hard to say its completely wrong. Movers are still paying for the service so personally I don't see the issue. You want something that costs money so you pay for it regardless of lying they're still going to pay for them every month
The issue is its done TOO LOUD! Why not just on on Directv Facebook page and just annouce it. :eek: What do you think Directv would say?

I bet that post would be removed very quickly. Why not call up Directv and say, Hey since I don't have my HD locals give me this DMA instead? What would happen?

Just saying for people that move more power to you! Just try not annoucing it to the world.

. You want something that costs money so you pay for it regardless of lying they're still going to pay for them every month
I understand that your not defrauding the system out of money. But its risky for yourself, and Directv when its blabbed all over like its a weather forcast.

dtro77 said:
I understand that your not defrauding the system out of money. But its risky for yourself, and Directv when its blabbed all over like its a weather forcast.

I have an HSP account so for me moving would be a HUGE no no. I can't really do anything except change programming on my account. As for it being blabbed like a weather forecast, well how much truth is in a forecast? Lol sorry, I had to :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)