Signal amplifier

Makes sense, actually. Cable channel 73 is almost the same freq. as antenna channel 22. For that matter, antenna channel 60 is approximately channel 117, cable mode (not sure on the EXACT frequencies)

Makes sense, actually. Cable channel 73 is almost the same freq. as antenna channel 22. For that matter, antenna channel 60 is approximately channel 117, cable mode (not sure on the EXACT frequencies)

You're correct webbydude. I asked the OP to change it to cable channel 73 but haven't heard back from him.

I have not changed to channel 73, I moved amp to start of run which did help some on picture quality but my local channels are not very good. I have moved location of the little antenna which seemed to increase my remote range. I will try the channel change today. I added another splitter to try to recieve locals which came in great but sat. reception went to crap again so I removed it. What's the best way to recieve the locals. Thanks

How did you try to receive the locals? Add an antenna and then use a splitter backwards to combine it with the feed from the box?

Yes, that's how I tried it. Is there a better way.

Well, combining things in this way can be an issue.

When you run something through a splitter, even backwards, you incur a 3.5 db loss either way.

But even worse, there can be interference on good channels coming from the opposite source. The only way to ensure that this does not happen is to attenuate the specific frequencies out of the opposite source before combining.

Which is why many people end up using an A/B switch. Which might work better for you.

And I'm assuming you've added this into the TV2 feed, not diplexed into the entire satellite feed, because that would change everything.

I have the locals on the dish, but I should have mentioned that they are not in HD and that was what I was trying to get. Thanks

I have the locals on the dish, but I should have mentioned that they are not in HD and that was what I was trying to get. Thanks

Ah, that's different. The OTA HD locals are not be available on TV2. Where is your OTA antenna located? Near TV1 or TV2? I would just run a separate cable for your OTA antenna to the receiver and eliminate those splitters.

I have about given up on getting a better picture, my problem with the remote is from the amplifier, when taken off remote works fine. My last question, can I put a single reciever ( like a 311 ) on that TV. Would that fix my problems, when I had Diretv that's how it was set up. Thanks for all the help.

A 311 receiver for SD or 211 receiver for HD should work. Since you're already installed, the problem might be getting an extra receiver and the extra switch if needed for that extra receiver. It doesn't hurt to ask Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)