Signal comparison between receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey - he said he'd eat his children if he didn't win! ;)

I say congrats Iceberg.

Last I checked, being a mod means you get to spend your free time policing a forum for the betterment of the on-line community (aka for free). If he happens to win something... good for him!

Shawn95GT said:
Hey - he said he'd eat his children if he didn't win! ;)
I didnt say whos children I was eating...sure not mine (since I dont have any)
I say congrats Iceberg.

Last I checked, being a mod means you get to spend your free time policing a forum for the betterment of the on-line community (aka for free). If he happens to win something... good for him!

As MrTim of DMSI wrote (DMSI is the one sponsering the giveaway) in the original post (Pete posted it)

DEALERS and Previous winners are not eligible. Since satelliteguys.us is only hosting this contest I think that it is fair for the staff of satelliteguys.us to enter this contest. On the other hand, no staff from DMS International may enter.

DMSI is choosing the winners, not Sastelliteguys. All other contests staff has been excluded from. :)

(funny how Cascade won and he is a mod too and nothing was said :D:D)

Iceberg said:
Presumably someone's who did win? :D

Hey, back on topic - what kind of quality do you get on the CoolSat to 3ABN? It no doubt pegs the Pansat at 100. I see about 85.

That's about what I'm seeing. It seems that the CoolSat has the gain knob turned down a little bit - hehe.

Cascade said:
Got a link? Can't find it anywhere.

My humblest apologies for the improper credit. PSB has confused me with the new names he's given to you guys. I'm sure he's in no way trying to be more descriptive. :D

iammike said:
My humblest apologies for the improper credit. PSB has confused me with the new names he's given to you guys. I'm sure he's in no way trying to be more descriptive. :D

NO WAY! Iceberg knows where I live!!!!!!!!!!

Cascade said:

GUYS, it was a joke. If I really thought something fishy was going on then I would have PM'd you. Sorry, didn't intend on offending anyone. I would have tried to get in the contest but I am planning on buying a QPH-031 from PSB as soon as they are available. Sorry that I posted something you had to delete. I will keep my stupid jokes to myself

PSB said:
Iceborg has won the SNH-031 Invacom LNBF

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66990

Still one chance to win one!

Pete,
Do you believe this model can track two satellite at one by pointing at middle of two sats, example, T5 and G3C. One of the company keep saying and selling this LNB which can reception of those both satellites.
Have you ever try ? I did but no matter what I do, still only one satellite at a time.

I don't think it will work, however depends on the shape of the dish. I have received some VERY strong TP. from adjacent satellites using my oval DirecPC dish.

Hi guys, I need your help please.
My coolsat 4000 pro down and I need to get a new nagravision code for it or anything you know that you can show me to bring it up again.

Thanks

Iceberg said:

Not anymore! ;) They have already been eaten!

heh.. sorry, couldnt resist

ultatryon said:
Not anymore! ;) They have already been eaten!

heh.. sorry, couldnt resist

sorry...not a breeder here

Heck, do YOU want ot see another one of me running around? I sure don't

ultatryon said:
hah, if its anything like your avatar.. it would not be a pretty sight.
{tongue in cheek on}Personally i would love to see a small army of little 'Bergs running around, looking just like their fathers avatar, all of them chanting "NO HACK TALK" and wearing SatelliteGuys.us t shirts :D Just think how much better and safer all the FTA forums would be ;)
{/tongue in cheek}

Ok, had a day off, so I took some time this morning and did some signal quality tests using both my pansat 2700a and my satworks 3618. I did one test also comparing the diff. receivers on both a 76cm winegard (fixed position) and my 10' pierced aluminum BUD, and a couple of tests using just the BUD.

Each of these tests are done with the receiver connected directly to the LNB.

Here are the results:

The Tube (g10 KU) on 76cm, .5 LNB
pansat 2700a...... ~30% SQ some dropouts
satworks 3618........36% SQ solid picture

The Tube (g10 KU) on 10' BUD .7 LNB
pansat 2700a...... ~65% SQ
satworks 3618........48% SQ

Newsworld (Anik F1 C band) on 10' BUD 20 degree LNB
pansat 2700a.........90% SQ (almost no fluctuation on meter)
satworks 3618........90% SQ (solid meter)

Montana PBS (AMC 3 KU) on 10' BUD, .7 LNB
pansat 2700a...... ~60% SQ
satworks 3618........41% SQ

What suprised me where the results on The Tube with 76cm Winegard. While the satworks held a steady picture at 36%, the pansat only had ~30% SQ, sometimes dropping as low as 15% SQ, and had a lot of dropouts. It seems as if the Satworks is a tad bit better dealing with weaker signal strength.

Another pleasant surprise is how well my BUD is picking up KU signals. I was told when I first picked it up not to expect great KU perfomance with a mesh C band dish for a couple of reasons, 1) mesh dishs didnt pick up KU well, 2) i would get a lot of terrestrial interference because the KU LNB could see through the mesh and would pick up TI from the ground behind the dish. I was told by a couple of people i would probably be disappointed with my ku band performance.

Luckily for me i am definately getting better KU SQ with my BUD than i do off of the 76 cm winegard. I would be interested to see what people with the same recievers can report back with SQ readings using the larger (100-304 cm) solid dishes on the same TP/sats.

Yep! Thanks drhydro! I love my Satwork 3618, the signal quality meter is rock solid, very useful when peaking in a signal. I use my 3618 more as a tool then a receiver.

PSB and Iceberg,
Glad to be of some usefullness to the forum.

I came close to listing my satworks in the classified section, but decided to keep it because it works awesome for peaking a dish. The meter is a little slow to respond to changes, takes a few seconds, but once there it is solid. BTW PSB, what kind of reading do you get off of montana pbs with the satworks/ big KU dish/ invacom .3 LNB?

PS: iceberg, i feel your need for coolness, it is 95 degrees out with humidty around 85%, and the blackflies / deer - horse flies out in full force. NOT a fun day to be working on my peaking my BUD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)