Signal difference in different temperatures??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now, I know when it gets humid, you might be able to get far TV & Radio stations. Its been real humid here lately (today its suppose to be 96 with dewpoints in 70’s). So Ive been able to get some far distant TV stations :)

Does this effect the signal for the FTA systems?

Reason I ask is ONN has been at about 60 lately (normally its around 90) , but a feed on SBS6 that is normally a 25 and breaking up was a 45 and solid.

Couple other channels that are usually low (around 30) were real high yesterday (one was up to 50)

Does temperature make a difference?
Doc Scott is usually at 50 during the day but 75 around 7-8 at night
Converselly, May 2 & 5 (Lord & Taylor) are at 75 during the day but 60 at night

I'm using the Winegard 30" that Ive used for 18 months now

Thanks for the info!

I knew about the TV reception part (as when I lived in Duluth, I got Wausau Ch 7 & 55 with rabbit ears) because last night here in Minneapolis I had Channel 13 out of Eau Claire, WI (which was funny since it overrode Ch 13 Univision from Minneapolis WUMN)

So it does the same thing to FTA then? Weird……..

Iceberg said:
Now, I know when it gets humid, you might be able to get far TV & Radio stations. Its been real humid here lately (today its suppose to be 96 with dewpoints in 70’s). So Ive been able to get some far distant TV stations :)

Does this effect the signal for the FTA systems?

Reason I ask is ONN has been at about 60 lately (normally its around 90) , but a feed on SBS6 that is normally a 25 and breaking up was a 45 and solid.

Couple other channels that are usually low (around 30) were real high yesterday (one was up to 50)

Does temperature make a difference?
Doc Scott is usually at 50 during the day but 75 around 7-8 at night
Converselly, May 2 & 5 (Lord & Taylor) are at 75 during the day but 60 at night

I'm using the Winegard 30" that Ive used for 18 months now

LNB's tend to work better at lower temperatures. If you are getting opposite results, there may be a problem.
The LNB could be going bad or their could be issues with the night performance of the satellite. An uplink center might also use different power settings during the day than at night.
You might also have cable connection issues that are affected by temperature and moisture.

Not the cabling…that was just replaced about a month ago : )
The LNB is the Invacom…and I did get that recently :D

Probably the latter…the signal thingy.

John Walsh said:
The guys on the AMSAT forum can probably explain it best but here is a little paper describing what you may be experiencing
http://www.ravfm.com/bbc_interferance.pdf

This has no effect on satellite transmissions.

Quoting from the article, (emphasis added)
The ionosphere plays an important part in LF, MF
and HF broadcasting (ie long wave, medium wave
and short wave radio) but its influence diminishes with
rising frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)