Signal dropout on 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaybertx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Hi Everyone,

I just got an HDTV and a Hughes HIRD-86.

I've had 3 DTivos connected to a single LNB dish for over a year with no trouble.

I installed the 3lnb dish myself and have signal strengths in the high 90s for most transponders on 101, 110, and 119. I then installed an Eagle Aspen 5x8 powered multiswitch.

The problem that I'm having is that I'm consistently losing signal on most of the HD channels. When I stared at the signal strength for a few minutes, the signal strength is jumping between 91-94 and suddenly dropping all of the way out and then back up. It drops out for less than a second. There are no trees or anything of the sort blocking anything.

I have tried removing the 5x8 multiswitch but it didn't make any difference. It's also happening like this:

HBO HD - dropping out
SHO HD - dropping out
Univ HD - dropping out
ESPN HD - not dropping out
DSHD - not dropping out
HDNET - not dropping out
HDNET Movies - dropping out
NFL HD - Most are fine, ch98 was pixelated, maybe one other

I'm not sure where to go from here... none of the 101 or 119 channels are having any problems. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

--Jay

do you have the paratodos dish with a sat c combiner or the new phase III dish with a integrated 3 lnb / multiswitch lnb? either way you have to use a CASCADABLE multiswitch after the dish, if it isnt cascadable it will not work.

.......bob

I would agree with jd, since it is hapenning even when you take the switch out it is probably the lnb. Have you tried using the HD box in another room? This can help determine if the problem is with the cable or the box, however it doesn't sound like that is the problem.

I have a dish that I had to buy a satc kit. I didn't need the cables or combiner, the multiswitch is right at the LNBs. 5x8 multiswitch is cascadable.

I have a 5x8 switch but it's right at the TV. I have two dtivos on the same TV that I have the HD receiver connected to (I'm a junkie) and a third dtivo in the other room which is directly through the wall so I can't really check another room. :)

I'm dying without the hdtivo. After not being tied to a TV schedule for 4 years I miss everything that's on in HD anyway. :)

Thanks everyone for the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)