Signal is weakening

Pooka

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Antigo, WI, USA
I live in Northern Wisconsin, east of Minneapolis, 45 degree latitude. Lately it appears my signal is weakening, CBC channel 1030 and TSN (1400) break up like a storm is approaching. I switch to other CBC channels (1050 & 1150) and they come in fine. Signal strength on Sat 82 is lower 60s and Sat 91 is lower 70s. I've checked all connections, ran a check switch, all are normal. I seem to remember receiving a stronger signal and never had the fading until lately.
Also checked the alignment, present location shows it is at the strongest signal. No obstructions, such as trees.

Do the LNBs wear out? (Is that a dumb question?) Sat 82 = Bell Dual LNBF AE128 CCS 2800 L011.25
Sat 91 = Dish Digital LNBF AK72-3VPE

I'm at a loss, but I am able to watch the Stanley Cup on CBC, just wondering if something changed.

1st you need to make sure that you are checking the transponder for the channel that you are
having signal loss on. Tune to one of those channels and press. Menu 6-1-1. It is possible to lose signal on just one transponder. If the signal is above 60, then try something like unhooking the cable and running check switch with no signal to clear the matrix and reconnecting and running check switch again or a simple unplugging the electricity for 30 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts