signal issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevinrs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Been having some intermittent signal issues, breaking up of sound and picture, for a few days on local channels, oddly, I saw the same problem at my sister's house 10 miles away yesterday, with a message occasionally coming up about (paraphrasing here) "problem with locals, that Dish knows about, so watch something else" saw the same thing here at home now, and a complete signal loss message 11-12-11. Kept going between the 3, bad picture, signal loss message, and locals message. I removed power, and the same happened, with a 11-11-11 signal loss message. I called, and after unplugging again, and then checking signal strength, which was 21, flashing to nothing, repeatedly, I was set up dish protection plan for $7 a month(can be cancelled after 3 months), so someone could come out for free to fix it. Now I don't even get past acquiring signal, and just saw a complete signal loss 0-0-0 code after waiting like 15 minutes, so looks like my recordings tonight aren't happening.

Questions are: Is there an uplink issue on los angeles locals recently? Because I saw a similar problem at a completely different location miles away.
Is the protection plan now required for a free service call? last time I had an issue, several years ago, dish actually called me, they had got messages from the receiver about signal loss, and they sent out a tech for free without the plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)