signal loss on 5 lnb slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moverj

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
michigan
Hi, I have been getting signal loss on my non HD channels. I have tried to realign the dish with no luck. Can anyonr give me any suggestions ? I live in Rockford MI. Thanks..

Could be one of many possibilities...

Defective LNB for the 101 bird, malfunctioning multi-switch
Bad Receiver
Bad Cable

If you have two receivers in the house, try swapping them. If you have a signal it may be the box. If that's not it, move your way up the chain toward the dish. Directv's tech support isn't horrible, just be ready to be on the phone for an hour or so as they go through many possible scenarios.

I've already done everthing on the phone with Directv, with no results , they just want me to pay to have an installer come out . I am having the problem on all my receivers. I have signal but it cuts in and out. Thanks for your help.

what are your signal levels? are there any trees blocking the line of site that maybe swaying giving you intermittent signal loss?

Most likely it is an alignment issue if you dont know how to realign the slimline dish you have to call directv to send a tech to do it

Thanks for all the suggestions. My signal lasts for a day or two, and then for a while it just cuts in and out.

Thanks for all the suggestions. My signal lasts for a day or two, and then for a while it just cuts in and out.
A few years ago I had the same problem. I would check LOS and it'd be clear. Then finally, I realized it only happened when it was windy. DUH!!! A few small branches would enter the LOS long enough to affect it. I first noticed it in Spring as the trees leafed out. Chain saw took care of it. Just my $.02:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)