Question on leased recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsc5580

Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
About 2 months ago i had 2 leased recievers hit by lightning. I called and had them turned off and explained to them that my wife had inadvertenly threw the bad recievers in the trash. He assured me this would be no problem, have a nice day blah blah blah...

About 6 weeks ago fedex showed up and brought me 2 empty boxes for equip return. I then called again and explained my situation. they told me this time that it hadn't showed up on my account yet so really they couldnt tell me anything until it showed up.

Last month my bill reflected 200 a piece for leased recievers. I then called again and they said it was no problem, would probably take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect in the system.

Today I called because it still hasnt shown up yet and they tell me that it was escalated to a supervisor and they were suppose to contact me telling me that no credit would be issued, and at this point all i can do is pay my bill in full and write a letter to billing dispute and hope i could get the money refunded in 15-21 business days. I have been a customer for 10yrs plus and this is the only time ive ever had an issue. Is there anything i can do to resolve this? thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

Get out your check book and pay the bill. You were told they were leased unites not owned, so if you or your wife put them the trash pay the bill.

Leased means you don't own them but are responsible for returning them to Directv. Seeing your wife destroyed Directv owned equipment you are liable for the loss. Your only hope is you can file an insurance claim for the damaged equipment. You now have Directv's valuation of those receivers to base your insurance claim on.

Thanks for the answers guys. I just paid the bill in full. I guess i knew i would have too, just looking for a loophole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.