Signal loss - receiver or lnb issue?

kjboss

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
ny
I liev in a condo building on 2nd Fl. I have a dish on the roof (above 6th Fl). Wire is coming from a 61.5/72/77 dish to my receiver. I have signal:
61.5 - 40
72 - 25
77 - 30

I pointed dish myself.

For past few days I have big issue. Signal is lost, but not during watching tv, but when I turn off receiver. When I turn it on - complete signal loss. I do check switch and nothing can be find. I disconnect it from the outlet and wait even 1h and turn it back - no signal. So I have receiver on, unplug lnb wire from from receiver for 1 minute and plug it back and do check switch and wha la - signal is good and can watch tv !! Everday when I turn on receiver on it is happening. So antena is pointed fine, but there is an issue with a receiver or lnb.

Any idea? I can borrow a receiver from my parent to see if it is happening with his receiver.

I dont have a service plan and dont want to add it, just to save money. I am out of contract .

Any idea what can be the issue ?

Is the dish on the roof properly grounded. It is very hard to say what the issue is but my first guess would be a grounding issue. You said you pointed the dish, did you install it yourself as well?

Those are pretty low signals on 72 and 77.I would suggest you tweak the dish to try and get higher signal strength.50 or above is generally very good strength.40 or below especially 25 is likely to cause issues.

Agree you didn't align the dish very well, but I'm with Mary. Sure looks like a grounding issue to me. Are there other receivers also fed from this EA dish?

Grounding is ok. I measured signal strength and was strong on the roof (Above 50), but because there is long wire to 2nd fl, signal goes down.

Huh. Surprised to see that much attenuation. How long and what cable type? Any splices in the line?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)