Signal Loss Today

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I've been getting signal lost messages this afternoon on both my receivers. Once at the same time at least twice on one but not the other (211 and 722) First happened on 195 (61.5) and now 138 (72.7)

Had my roof replaced a month ago and the roofers didn't get my dish properly aimed. Matt arranged for a service call and it was reaimed. Still not sure if it's right Best signal on 72.7 is on T21 & 29 at 59. On 61.5 it's 69 on T32 but 0 on T3 and 6 on T5. Are these levels OK or do I need to get a follow up service call.

I've been getting signal lost messages this afternoon on both my receivers. Once at the same time at least twice on one but not the other (211 and 722) First happened on 195 (61.5) and now 138 (72.7)

Had my roof replaced a month ago and the roofers didn't get my dish properly aimed. Matt arranged for a service call and it was reaimed. Still not sure if it's right Best signal on 72.7 is on T21 & 29 at 59. On 61.5 it's 69 on T32 but 0 on T3 and 6 on T5. Are these levels OK or do I need to get a follow up service call.

Tp 3 & 5 are spotbeam tp's. Run the chk switch on the same screen as the SS screen and see if there are any problems showing in the details.

OTA problem maybe. If there is an OTA channel on the tuner input and it is having problems it will cause this to happen. Check & see if that could be the problem.

How would I go about checking if it's an ota problem? Right now both receivers are on ota and there hasn't been any problem for awhile.

I'm having the same problem. Started losing the College World Series on 140 ESPN about 5 minutes ago. Its been up and down.
No

129 went dead on me about 10 mins ago and i had zero signal on it and it's not weather

it came back on as i am typing but i had nada on two receivers right before 4 pm today

The same thing just happened with my setup (about 3:45pm CDT). I think it is a Dish Network issue. I have a VIP 722 and 1000.2 dish aimed at the higher "birds" (119, 129, etc.). Everything was working just fine. No clouds in the sky, nothing in the way of the dish. It's hotter than a two dollar pistol outside. I was wondering if heat could be an issue. But with others being affected this definitely has to be a tech problem at Dish.

I got my signal back about 4:00pm. Hopefully the issue is resolved. Don't want to miss the "Game of Thrones" season finale on HBO tonight.

I too experienced total signal loss while watching Starz HD about 20 minutes ago. I thought it was just me; glad to hear that it was at least wide-spread. Funny though; I called Dish while trying to reset & they knew nothing about a problem they had.

Ken

One of our uplink centers is having issues. This should be sent to all CSR's:

One of our Primary Uplink Centers is currently experiencing signal loss.
Customers may experience signal loss on several services.
Do NOT run check switch tests at this time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)