Signal Loss

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satseeker

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I'm having a wierd prob. I've been set up for about a week now, and have been able to get some good feeds but yesterday, I lost all signal strength. I added a new sat in the receiver software, saved it and bam, couldn't get signal for jack on any bird. Sooooo, since it's been raining, I thought I'd ensure good connections.

I changed every cable to weatherproof, no luck. I then removed the diseqc switch and fed straight from one invacom quad linear port to the motor, no luck. Since we had some wind, I then rechecked alignment. I moved the dish on the sg2100 with the button on the motor and if I use a sat signal meter, it shows great signal at several positions as the dish moves along the arc. It pegs the meter at my true south and hits 9-10 on all others with linear polarity.

I then turned to the receiver. I flashed it to newest pgm file (1027) and then I could actually get a signal on Nimiq 2 (almost my true south) with 98% quality. I turned to Echo7, blind scanned and it showed all the music on Echo7. I then moved to another sat and scanned. It showed xponders and channels. I then saved everything and all signal strength vanished. I have signal at the dish on the lnb side of the motor and on the receiver side of the motor but my vs2000 plat isn't playing fair.

I currently have a direct connection from only the linear port on the lnb to the motor and a 120' run from the motor to my receiver. All short cables are new with new connectors on the 120' run. I'm using quad shielded coax with quad shielded connectors. I've also flashed the receiver to several versions of the bin and it's currently at 1027.

I've found that if I flash the rcver, I can get a signal, scan and see a channel list, but after a while, the quality signal goes away amd it won't find anything during a scan. Is this a hardware problem or an operator problem?

I'm scratchin' the noggin' here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

I've had the same problem with my Viewsat and I'm using the latest firmware from the Viewsat website (V2013).

I find that turning the switch off on the back of the box and then turning it back on will get it back.

I'm not too happy with my VS2000, I think I'm going to be shopping for a new receiver soon...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts