Signal Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grieved

Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Central Kansas
I live in North Central Kansas and this time of year we are always getting thunderstorms. I have done everything I can to peak my signal to avoid SFSS and FF/PIX as much as possible, but the problem is that it still occurs even before the peak of the storm. My signals read out at 83-86 for xponder 1 and 2 for the 101, 80-85 for 119 and 78-82 on the 110. I do have some tree's in the distance but I truly don't believe they are causing a problem. My dish is the standard 18" oval 3-lnb do any of you have some tips or tricks to help retain my signal in weather I have heard of people painting the dish a lighter color for better signal reflection. Any help is appreciated.

1 - R-15
1 - Samsung 4080R
2 - D10-300's
1 - H-20
1 - H-10
42" Hitatchi 42HDT52 Plasma

grieved said:
I live in North Central Kansas and this time of year we are always getting thunderstorms. I have done everything I can to peak my signal to avoid SFSS and FF/PIX as much as possible, but the problem is that it still occurs even before the peak of the storm. My signals read out at 83-86 for xponder 1 and 2 for the 101, 80-85 for 119 and 78-82 on the 110. I do have some tree's in the distance but I truly don't believe they are causing a problem. My dish is the standard 18" oval 3-lnb do any of you have some tips or tricks to help retain my signal in weather I have heard of people painting the dish a lighter color for better signal reflection. Any help is appreciated.

1 - R-15
1 - Samsung 4080R
2 - D10-300's
1 - H-20
1 - H-10
42" Hitatchi 42HDT52 Plasma

Your signal strengh is really not that bad, they could improve but not by a whole lot, low 90's would be better, high 80's would also work.
If you want to try and see if they can get any better, go to the sat set up screen, have someone watch the screen, go to where yur dish is and without loosening anything, apply a small amount of pressue to one side or the other then up and down and see if it gets any better, or worse, If it gets better, you then know which way it needs to go, lossen the correct bolts, only the ones you need, and adjust slightly, very slight movements is all you need.
As for it happening before the storm gets there, this is normal...
The reason you lose signal is due to the severe storm clouds being between your dish and the actual sat's themself. there is nothing you can do to guarantee that that doesn't happen, the higher the signal the less likely it is to happen.

I use this to let me know if I am about to get pounded with rain, also I find that I am usually only out of service for a few minutes and I have service when the rain is the worst, because the storm is no longer in the path of the sats.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)