Signal lost several times

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
Got directv installed about 4 months ago. Worked fine in all snow weather (OH). However, tonight we had thunder showers. Signal must have went out about 5x. It does come back within 5 minutes, but is this normal? We also had thunderstorms last week and knocked it out too. So, now this is becoming a usual thing with thunderstorms and rain.
I have the latest dish, mounted on rear bottom of house with clear view of sky. When I run that signal test I am normally all 90% and up.

Is this something I should be concerned with or is this normal?

Got directv installed about 4 months ago. Worked fine in all snow weather (OH). However, tonight we had thunder showers. Signal must have went out about 5x. It does come back within 5 minutes, but is this normal? We also had thunderstorms last week and knocked it out too. So, now this is becoming a usual thing with thunderstorms and rain.
I have the latest dish, mounted on rear bottom of house with clear view of sky. When I run that signal test I am normally all 90% and up.

Is this something I should be concerned with or is this normal?

Heavy rain and thunderstorms can knock out the signal for short periods of time. As long as the signal strength is good (90+) when the weather is clear, and it comes back on when it stops raining, it sounds like all is fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.