signal ... no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bucks_fan

Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
strongsville, ohio
:confused: OK I aligned at9 dish today. Had reading of 84.5 at back of dish after fine alignment. came in house to verify signal on hr20, everything initially looked good. I was able to see a picture on several channels for about 10 minutes while getting receiver activated, then all of sudden i lost all signal on 101 and most on 119. I don't see how the dish could have moved..everything was tightened down pretty good. I did check signal on transponders before I lost signal and all seems pretty good...readings from 70's to 97. Now all I have is 0 across the board. It is not a receiver problem...I hooked hr20 up with old round single lnb dish and 101 is fine. DO you think the dish really moved as tech support insists or could the lnb's fail or what......frustrated at this point.

welcome to satguys....Lnb's could have failed, but I am leaning more towards your dish moving, time to readjust, and really crank those bolts, let us know.

bucks_fan said:
yeah, I guess I'll re-align tomorrow and try again. Hope that works
Did you have a meter on the dish that told you your readings, if so, try connecting the meter at the ground block and see what you have...
I am leaning towards a bad connection, when you checked your signal on the TV when you set it up you had a good signal, did you check all the sat's, you may have changed channels and thus changed sats and transponders as well.
It is possible to screw up the LNB's whenplugging them into the receiver, it doesn't happen to much, but it does happen, they say you should have the receiver unplugged when setting up .

Jimbo

I had a meter inline that showed 84 right behind dish before ground block and the reading right at the receiver was around 70...I don't remember exact level now. I had identical readings on meter before and after receiver showed zeroes. I don't think a bad lnb would give me good levels on 101...I'm confused.... btw, I like the flag

bucks_fan said:
I had a meter inline that showed 84 right behind dish before ground block and the reading right at the receiver was around 70...I don't remember exact level now. I had identical readings on meter before and after receiver showed zeroes. I don't think a bad lnb would give me good levels on 101...I'm confused.... btw, I like the flag
You have 70's right before going into the receiver ?
That doesn't make any sense, but then again it doean't make sense that you would loose that much signal between the dish and the receiver either , you went from 84 to 70 ?.... I would check your cable and connections.
How long are your cable runs from dish to sat ?, the would have to be pretty long to loose that much signal. No splitters or multiswitches in the run ...

jimbo

My line of site is great... there are absolutely no trees in the way. I have dish up on south side of house as close to the peak of the roof as possible. The only device in between dish and receiver is ground block and another barrel/coupler. I used the coupler because the new dish is in higher location than my old dish and I ddin't want to re-run whole new coax. I am going to run 2 new home run lines today and re-align the dish if the weather gets better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts