Signal problem help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
Hello,

Does any one have any insight to this problem. I have 2 receivers in my house. Family room is a DST-3000 Toshiba HDTV. Upstairs is a RCA Directv Tivo 70 hrs. I get great signal strength to my Tivo box, but down stairs I am having trouble pulling in SAT A. It has a peak of 41 on transponder 2. So I get some digital tearing on screen. Transponder 10 on a Sat peaks at 33. SAt B is peaking at 43 on transponder 24. What is the deal if I can get great signal upstairs but poor signal down stairs. I am guessing that the down stairs cable run is about 100ft. I tried switching inputs on the multi switch with on of the runs to the Tivo since I know it is good. Same poor signal downstairs. Do I need a booster? I have gotten up on the roof and wiggled the Azimuth and the elevation, no good same results. I go to Directv's website and they said I should be at a 133.1 elevation for my zip code (97124). When in realty my dish sits at 144. I moved it to 133.1 and no signal. This never was an issues when I was getting HBO HD and HD net for free way back when. I canceled when they started charging. Then I got the package again for the promotional free six months. HDnet is very spotty now when it wasn't before. So many variables. Obviously I am getting good signal with the results of my upstairs Directv Tivo. I signal booster seems the answer but I would like a couple of other ideas if any one has any. I don't think the multi switch is bad since I swapped cables and the upstairs was fine. Let me know thanks

Trevor

I think the problem is your SKEW... The TILT of dish

I see you list SAT A, SAT B, and SAT C... you set the AZ at 133 and no signal because your tilt is off... and make sure your receivers are set up for multi sat dish not round...

Your Elevation ( up & down )
Your Azimuth ( side to side )
and SKEW ( tilt of dish to hit all 3 sats )

hope this helps

I think the problem is with the Toshiba receiver seems I remember some posts this spring about low signal strengths on Toshiba receivers try contacting Toshiba. If you want to take the time connect the RCA tivo in place of the Toshiba and I bet signal strengths will be as high as it is upstairs. :) :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)