signal problems with rain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
i live in n.c. had rain this weekend sat and sun.only the local channels would come in and then cut in and out.will a larger dish help this problem?got espn but could not watch the hd shows due to rain. please help! thank you

rain problems

will the bigger dish help the problem with rain fade? had rain sat and sunday local would come in but no others.reset ,unpluged and all the other stuff.missed watching espn hd games.thank you

theman said:
i live in n.c. had rain this weekend sat and sun.only the local channels would come in and then cut in and out.will a larger dish help this problem?got espn but could not watch the hd shows due to rain. please help! thank you

theman.

welcome. Yes. put a request through voom that you are losing your signal during rain. What is your signal quality number when it is not raining? make sure you tune to a satellite channel and go to system settings to see the number. It should be above 95 for new software and 55 for old software.

signal power reads 64 for satellite and ota read 72 satellite quality reads 74 ota reads 81. keep in mind its not raining know but is quite cloudy.thank you

theman said:
signal power reads 64 for satellite and ota read 72 satellite quality reads 74 ota reads 81. keep in mind its not raining know but is quite cloudy.thank you

That signal quality for satellite is quite low and indicates that your dish might need to be repeaked. On a cloudy day mine does not go below 85 and I am in NYC. When it is raining is 75 and when it is pouring is around 71-74. When it hits below 70, I am in trouble but it has not been the case so far.

In a nutshell, I would try to repeak the satellite before trying a 30 or 24 inches dish.

theman,

I agree with Sean. Your numbers are very low. I get 88-89 with a 18" dish and 97-98 with a 24" dish. Anytime you fall below 70 on quality, you start to have problems.

thanks for the help.i have set up a service call for that.i haver not tryed to mess with it myself is a good idea to wait on the install guys to do that? probably would be just curious.

I live in Virginia and I put in a request to get a bigger dish. I should be getting it this Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)