Rain Fade Problems

nupe009 said:
I'm getting Voom installed on Monday and hope that I don't have rain fade problems with the 18 inch dish because my Homeowners Association doesn't allow any dishes larger than that.

Ah..but if your homeowners association doesn't have a community satellite system, the FCC says otherwise.

Videofx said:
Well I will let you know how my 30" performs. Got it installed today. It's cloudy and am get 97 quality and 75 power. much better than my 18" and it seems the picture is sharper :)

Bill

Not possible for a digital signal to provide a sharper picture with better signal. Either your receiver has lockup on the data stream or it doesn't. If it doesn't, you may get stutter, pixelation, or black screen - but sharpness would not be changed.

i am having the 30" installed tommorow sure hope it fix the problem with rain and thers cloud issues>i enjoy voom but do like to watch tv when i turn it one wish me luck .

theman said:
i am having the 30" installed tommorow sure hope it fix the problem with rain and thers cloud issues>i enjoy voom but do like to watch tv when i turn it one wish me luck .

If the dish is properly peaked and you don't have a lot of diplexor loss, it will reduce rain fade - but in a very heavy downpour you may still experience problems. Rain fade is something you can't eliminate 100%, but you might cut it so much that you may never see it - could still be happening during very heavy downpours when you're not watching. Also - make sure that when the installer installs the new dish that they don't swap the reflector only without replacing the arm. Installing the reflector with the old arm will lead to reduced signal since the feed is not at the focal point for the new dish - the larger the dish, the further the focal point.

thanks signal quality went from 75 to 97 and power went from 68 to 76.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts