Signal Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Bob, that is pretty much a synopsis of what I have been able to cobble together in a few hours of surfing, all in one post. Now that the weekend is here and the weather is settled I can get back on this project. It sure has been a bummer relying on DVD reruns for the last few days! Before I break out the extension ladder again, is it possible to use an iphone app compass to find azimuth? I have read some conflicting views on this. If not, which satellite AR app would you recommend?

Satellite AR is free and works well. It will give you a very good idea of where the satellites are. dishpointer.com will give you the correct azimuth, elevation, and skew for your zip code. dishpointer has an app, but it's $20.

I downloaded an app called AR Satellite. It redirects me their webpage and wants me to download an AR marker for what looks like a Russian satellite and print that out and...I'm not entirely sure what?? Do you have the cheat sheet?

I downloaded an app called AR Satellite. It redirects me their webpage and wants me to download an AR marker for what looks like a Russian satellite and print that out and...I'm not entirely sure what?? Do you have the cheat sheet?

Satellite ar != ar satellite,

Here's your sign lol

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Got tired of screwing around, so I got up there and took the bull by the horns with my fiance on the other line looking at the signal strength. I somehow was able to get 101 in the 95-100 range with 99 and 103 running in the 80's and 90's without messing with the fine tuning knob or dithering, all by hand and guestimation as too azimuth. May not be perfectly tuned, but I'll take that for now. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear you got it back up and running reasonably well!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)