Signal question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
How much hotter (EIRP & db) are local spot beams on 101 vs Conus stuff?

I guess it depends on where in the spot beam you are. If you're right in the center of it the signal would be a little better than if you were say on the edge of it

Are there any maps? Conus goes down first in storms then the local spot. If I can get an idea on how many more db it may have I may know how much c/n in db over threshold overkill I need to cut down this rain fade. All conus was at 0 Q and the local spot was around 60 Q during the last wave that went through. Wish I had a spectrum analyzer that would show me the whole gambit.

I have been in some major rain storms with up to pea-sized hail and never had mine go out until the tornado gets too close or the power goes out and I'm in the safe place anyway with the weather radio.

Working on my Firefox; here is your capture

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 98
did you check the link I posted in #3?
I dont have google earth on my computer so I cant see the maps themselves

I went to my other pc with google earth and it kept crashing FF. This pc told me it can't install, can't find location in msvcrt DLL. more buggy software :(. Maybe someone that can see the map can do a screen capture and post it here.

Thanks can someone get a conus map for Chicago so I can compare and do some calculating.

My 90cm gives me 6 db more gain then a stock Direct dish and it still is way too little to deal with rain fade. K band sucks pure and simple. It was designed for short transmission of VSAT and news feeds, not 24/7 hauls. Blame the ones in Europe for use as a broadcast band. The FCC should allow those frequencies to transmit at 5000 watts. So what if a few people glow down here from it.:eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)