Signal Strength Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would not be calling StarChoice about being in Florida even if it is a "cottage" account. Seem like I read somewhere that the CRTC if frowning on that. I strongly advised against letting them know the whereabouts of that receiver. We are trying to help you out to get better service and giving you a contact and you keep shooting us in the foot. We don't mind helping out our brothers and sisters of the Great North, just listen things are different here and we learned from trial and error.

looks like I probably have the 75cm -- which according to their website should be ok at this latitude. I'll call them and see what they recommend.

thanks ...

Dave.

The 75cm dish is fine for Florida, it's what I use in Tampa and receive EcbNo readings of 7.8 to 10.0 on the various transponders across the two satellites. Also, don't know why it's different here, but my signal readings increased when F1 was swapped with F1R last year.

Hi, i think i did present myself already.By the way,I live in the north side and i have a 33'' dish with axtreme II lnbf I can't get signal by using In telsat 5,so what should i do?

i

Cablewithaview -- I was not going to call StarChoice -- I know better than that -- I was going to call your suggested contact at Global.

I ordered a signal strength meter so that I can make my adjustments from the roof to get the maximum signal and see if I can do any better with my current setup -- then, if not, I'll call Global.

Also -- Tampa is a lot further south than I am -- I suspect that I still have an aiming problem, not a dish size problem. If others can get 8-10 readings then I should be fine. The Global web site also suggests that 75cm is big enough for where I'm located.

Cheers,

Dave.

Last edited:
or call kusat in Montreal- they can send you the right dish
they have a website which tell you how to point the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts