Signal Strength Week With Sirius S50

kkrogers

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I have the S50 in my pickup and the antenna is mounted on the roof right in front of the third break light. My signal strength shows only 1 bar on the screen. Does anybody know how to improve the strength? Would weather make a difference? It has been cloudy and raining here in Oregon for the last month or so!

Thanks

Hmmm Are you constantly in an area covered by trees or drving threw canyons? On the roof of a pcikup is usually a pretty good spot. I would check the cable and make sure you didnt cut into it anywhere when installing it.

Other then that unless the unit is having issue I cant think of another reason why the signal would be that low.

It could be a bad antenna. I would try a friendls antenna or a retailer's to narrow down possible problems.

BTW, welcome to SatelliteGuys.us and the Satellite Radio forum.

Thanks for the help guys. Problem is that the cable is routed through the headliner and under the dash to the mounting location. It would be rather difficult to check the cable, but I guess I could use another antenna though. Good idea, if that helps, maybe I could make them replace the antenna that came with. Also, I am not always under trees and in canyons, just in and out of tree covered areas.

A lot of people have this problem; part of it is not have geo-stationary sats. up in the sky. I know many people that constantly loose a signal once an hour or more for a few seconds.

The best way to test it to see if you can "buy" a unit for a retailer, test the antenna and then return it. Not 100% ethical, but nothing illegal and if it is the antenna buy one from them.

Okay, I may try that. I guess if the antenna is bad, they should replace it for free because the unit is only a couple months old.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts