Signal Strength

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
I'm a recent voomer. My installer wasn't very good and when i got NO OTA channels said "what you get is what you get" He was positioning my SAT antenna and was satisfied when it reached 65% or so. Everything looks good, no picture or sound issues...but if I adjusted it to a higher level, is it possible the picture would look better? I'm a perfectionist, but if it isn't broke I don't want to fix it. ALSO, I still have old software.

thanks.
TONY

Check out www.antennaweb.org -- it'll tell you what OTA stations, if any, you should be able to receive at your address. If it says you should be able to get some, I'd call Voom and tell them to come back with a better antenna and/or installer.

henderson_tony said:
I'm a recent voomer. My installer wasn't very good and when i got NO OTA channels said "what you get is what you get" He was positioning my SAT antenna and was satisfied when it reached 65% or so. Everything looks good, no picture or sound issues...but if I adjusted it to a higher level, is it possible the picture would look better? I'm a perfectionist, but if it isn't broke I don't want to fix it. ALSO, I still have old software.

thanks.
TONY
depending on software if you got 5.68 or 6.00 your signal should be in the high 90"s. if its the 5.00 it will be low just call for a service call and request another installer

Assuming that their is no breakup in the OTA 65 signal, it will not look any better at 90. An OTA signal of 65 is actually quite good.

Picture won't "look Better"

It's digital, you either receive it or you don't. A better signal level could help prevent rain fade, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)