Signal Strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mloiterman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
I'm getting on average about 85% on 110A, 65% on 110C and 85% on 119B. Is this acceptable? I have a completely unobstructed view of the sky.

I don't ever lose signal except in a decent rain storm. I wonder, however, if my signal was stronger it might hold on a bit longer in rain.

Is it worth having an installer come back out to tweak, or should I just wait for the MPEG 4 dish equipment to be available and then get it tweaked better?

Welcome to Satelliteguys! Your signal for 110C is a bit weak but if your not having any problems I would not necessarilly call out a tech. I think its a good idea to either try to tweak it yourself or wait until Mpeg 4....

101 and 119 are your only concerns if not just the 101 depending on where you get your locals unless you geet foreign or hd from the 110. those are good strenths and for stronger i would recommend a powered multiswitch which you can pick up pretty cheap to get you through some of them storms. i have 2 because i have 9 receivers and my normal strength is around 97 and around 86 during storms

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts