Signal strengths vary on feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
I wonder if you guys can explain to me what is happening with my system.

As some of you are aware, a couple of weeks ago I managed to finally get my dish and motor working. And it was working fine until yesterday(actually I don't know if it is my system anyway). As I go to certain channels, eg. CBS NEWSPATH, I used to have signal strength in the 70's%. Last night is was breaking up and was a low quality of 23%. Then this afternoon back to 60-70%. The only feed that CBS has (were I was watch the NFL on Sunday) was fine until yesterday then the quality went way down. Then up again today. WVGN was watchable for 4 days. Then this morning then was almost no quality. Then is was back up again, then down again. Within hours. Now is is up.

I guess what I am getting at is, have others had this shift in quality too?. I live in Toronto and the only change that I can see is lately is the humidity has gone up as well as the temperature.

Yes, I have this "problem?". It must be the uplink as there are no trees or bad weather in my way sometimes when it happens.

Could be as simple as bad weather at the uplink end? I have noticed the same fluctuations in signal quality with WVGN, I recently upgraded to a 90cm dish and the quality is now around 60% quality but as you say it does go up and down over time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.