HELP!! Newbie needing guidance...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Horseman5683

Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
N.E. Pa.
I am new to this whole FTA thing and so far really do like it. However, I am going NUTS trying to figure out what I am doing as far as programming the reciever goes. I am in the northeastern tier of Pennsylvania zip 18444 and have the units in working order. I have a Pansat 2500a reciever, Dish500 Dish with dual lnb, a DirectTv dish with single lnb, and a DiscEq switch. The hookup is from the 119 degree port to switch 1, the 110 port to switch 2, and the Direct dish to port 3, then output to reciever. I was told the only sats I can pull is Echo8,6, and Nim1. I have had limited success in getting in Echo7 and 9 but they really only have the same channels as the other 2. I am REALLY trying to get RFD-TV but cant get picture. I get 81-99% signal and it will show 99% quality but never a picture or sound. That seems to happen a lot. It gets quite tiresome trying to do the satellite setup and wait for 45 minutes while it scans through the sats to only do the same thing. I would really like to know what the total amount of sats I can get in and how can I do it or am I really limited? I live at the top of a mountain with straight shots to all areas of space but cant figure out what else to do. I have seen the Lyngsat site but since I am new to all of this, I cant figure out a)how to read the charts totally, and b)then how to use that info to program the reciever. Do I need to have it reprogrammed or something or can I do it myself but changing some info. ANY TO ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. With the 4 sats I have in I have about 900 channels, but of course a majority of them are duped on several sats. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Well, since 95% of the channels on Dish are scrmabled, you wouldnt be able to pick them up.

If you are trying to illegally get them, thet is not allowed here

screw it...closing thread

The discussion of getting Dish network illegally without a subscription is NOT allowed here.

If the poster feels he is not trying to hack and feels the thread should be open, please PM me with a valid reason on what you are trying to do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)