Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Did something change with thew Signatures ?

I have been using the same Signature info for quite awhile now, simply change the first line ...

When I went in to change it now that the Red Wings are no longer in the NHL Playoffs, I went to change to something else and it says I have too many lines I think ...
Its been the same for awhile now line wise, is this an error or something new ?

I keeps reverting back to my old one ... yes, I did hit save.

No changes made recently... but last year sometime we set it so that the maximum amount of lines is 5 lines.

If you are still having trouble please PM with the signature your are trying to use and I can better see why it is rejecting it.

With that said we are planning on making signatures a Pub Members only perk in the future.

Here direct from the control panel are the settings for Pub Members. :) Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 8.37.56 PM.png

I think he is using 7 lines....

Bobby,
I haven't changed anything .... All I have done in the last month with it is change the lead signature part from Play Ball (which worked fine) to Lets Go Red Wings.

As far as I can see, I'm using 3 lines.

I thought that the spaced out lines might be effecting it, so I eliminated the spaces (mt lines) and it still wouldn't take it

I technically have 6 lines (with the space) and it works fine

Hey Tony, try putting up something that has to wrap around to the next line and see if thats what is doing it ...

Then again, after looking at my existing Sig, nothing wraps to another line ... ( in the edit pages it does wrap because your adding size and other stuff).

Earlier I tried just removing the Lets Go Red Wings line all together and when I hit Save, it kept it, even though I removed it.

Earlier the error message said I could only have 5 lines, now it says 6 lines is max.

It won't save anything when I remove empty lines .

I presume it would look best with 1 empty line between the 3 lines I'm working with ... which would total 5, but I tried to remove empty spaces (extras) and it shows up the way it was originally.

Scott, I sent a PM to you a few minutes ago about this, in case you were waiting. :)

Wrapping to the next line should not have any bearing (as you discovered). In HTML, a new "line" is created with 'p' or 'br' tags (I left off the proper bracket).

Looking at yours, I would definitely call that (5) lines.

If anyone defined a color for the font of their signature in the past, you may want to double-check this as some may blend in too much, jump out, etc with the new color scheme. I had applied a gray shade to mine so that it didn't stand out against the post/comment and now it looked way too light.

You can see the difference between the font in the signature of this post vs the one in post # 11 up above. I also changed the fontface to Tahoma.

Good catch Hall. Mine was very light, so I changed it to red. Very legible now!

Just a comment, but red on the shade of blue for the background doesn't give a lot of contrast (to my eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)