Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmi

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
I realized that signature does not have history, i.e. latest signature is visible even for messages posted prior signature update. This can be slightly confusing after changes in device configuration, because old messages can talk about something, which is not in line with the devices described in the current signature. Is this technical limitation or intention?

I saw the same question on another mboard. Like Scott mentioned, it's the way the software works and the only way something like that could be done if vBulletin decided to update on how sigs work or if someone did a major hack. I do like the image and size controls in the admin area in any vBulletin board which keeps the sigs from overtaking everything. I left a board due to a 2 metre tall sig for a one word post.

I realized that signature does not have history, i.e. latest signature is visible even for messages posted prior signature update. This can be slightly confusing after changes in device configuration, because old messages can talk about something, which is not in line with the devices described in the current signature. Is this technical limitation or intention?

Neither does your avatar have history. Once you change it, it is changed for ALL of your messages.

The database would get a lot bigger if it had to store previous avatars and sigs, rather than just pulling from the user's current ones.

The individual posts don't contain the signature, only a "tag" for them. That's the whole database concept. It pulls the user's sig, i.e. the current one, and inserts it on the fly in a sense.

I left a board due to a 2 metre tall sig for a one word post.
I turned sigs off here for similar reasons.... It must have gotten reset during a s/w update. Just saw an 8-line sig, a 6-line, and the worst one, 7-lines including an image and a mish-mash of colors.

I turned sigs off here for similar reasons.... It must have gotten reset during a s/w update. Just saw an 8-line sig, a 6-line, and the worst one, 7-lines including an image and a mish-mash of colors.
sounds vaguely famaliar
:cool:
hall you always struck me as a black/white type guy

hall said : turned sigs off here for similar reasons....

Is that why I cant make a signature line? I tried this about 5 times, shortened to 3 lines like another thread said, made font small small. and still nothing shows up. Its not a big deal, but I just tried to do one and its no-go for me lol

Dang, now it IS working>Never mind!!!!!!

Last edited:
Guess I was going for stupid post of the month! I had gone back 2 times and checked some old posts , nothing was showing then. Seems to be ok now even if it didn't 'shrink' the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts