Signed up for Direct TV, need your opinion on something

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thewadman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2008
I asked this question in another post but it's been buried without an answer and I'd REALLY like to know before the installation this evening so if it's not true I can get out of it.

I signed up for Chocie Ultimate to get the good deal with the whole home thing, the guy said I can downgrade to Choice when the FREE HD for life promo comes back even if I am a current subscriber. I made sure to ask him like 4 times and he said I could downgrade to that promo anytime it's available.....he said because it's not a "promo" but more of a reward for signing up for autopay. He said he thought the deal would come back by the time my year expires.

I'd prefer the Choice with Free HD for life when it comes back around so if I am going to disqualify myself for the promo by already having service I'd just assume wait till the promo comes back up again.

Here is my thought....take with a whole salt shaker ;)

Are you keeping the package for the 5 months of the promo? (buy NFL ST and get the Premier pack for free) If so, in 5 months who knows what promos will be out there

I signed up in February and since then there have been 3 different "promos" out there

If you plan on signing up then dropping within a month, the website does say
PREMIER™ Package is free for 5 months when you get NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for only $59.99/month for 5 months. Free HD for Life requires the PREMIER Package and HD Access.

No, I just did Choice Ultimate which seemed like the best deal for me when I talked to the rep. So my price is guaranteed through an entire year. The real question is can I switch to another promo while already a subscriber or are the promos only for new subscribers?

My recollection is that DIRECTV's "free HD for life" only last 24 months if you don't get (and keep it) it under a new subscriber promotion.

Don't bother asking anyone the same question multiple times. They don't forget what they've told you that quickly.

I would not trust in what you have been told in the sales cycle as a general rule. I would ask for documentation (web link) or an e-mail.

You can switch to another program package, and I am guess they will let you keep HDTV. Why don't you ask the Customer Rep.

As for getting a second "promo" with the reduced monthly fees, that is pretty much out of the question.

Thanks a lot guys, I sincerely appreciate your input. I'll talk with another rep and see if I can get it in writing/link I can print off.

Sounds like the rep was speculating. You may or may not get that deal or you might get something else.

A good example of where better CSR training would be beneficial and a really good example of creating doubt and confusion.

Yea on top of that the site he told me to go to for rebates was directtvrebate.com

I know that's false lol....I didn't even stop him, I just knew where I was really supposed to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)