Signed up for Dtv yesterday, canceled today :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Bottom line is, the two CRS lied to me on my very first experience with Dtv"

Mine did too (about trial periods, which don't really exist).

For many CSR's, making a sale is job 1. Honesty/integrity is a distant second.

I doubt that DirecTV has the market cornered on this type of CSR, however.

Jeff

From 10/27/07
I'm considering to make a switch to D* and I'd like to the following:

1. Can Directv HD DVR provide RF output for second TV like VIP 622 does?
2. If not, then what are the fees for two TVs (both HD)?
3. Do I get second HD receiver free as new customer? (I assume I have to pay for HD DVR)
4. Is HD PQ on D* better/worse/same then on E*?

From 1/14/08:
I currently own one 622 and I'd like to get another one for my second TV. Last time I called Dish about it (November, I think) they wanted $199 for the second 622 DVR. That doesn't sound like a deal to me at all because I both mine for $500 a while ago. Not to mention that they are giving them for free now to all new customers.
Any way to get it for much less or for free in my case?

Given the amount of "Homework" you've done in the past and your desire to have a provider "give" you what you're looking for, I have no sympathy for your "situation".

You knew the D* policy regarding their lease program before you called them. Responses in the threads I quoted you from informed you of the policies of both providers. Yet, you still chose to make an issue of it even though you knew the policies and pricing.

Current customers are not automatically "entitled" to free gear because new customers are offered promotions. New customers are not "entitled" to promotions that don't exist except in the mind of the caller.

You know when I hear people complaining about not getting something for free I point out that when I first signed up with Directv in 1994, I paid $1,000 for a 2 LNB system, paid $150 for installation, and was glad I did

I live in a Charter area and my HD/DVR was 19.95 per month. If it was 6.95 I might still be with them.

You did not read my post correctly. I said it was 6.95 for the 2nd box RENTAL - PLUS $14.95 PER BOX for the HD/DVR service. That makes it 14.95 for the first box (since rental of one is included) and 21.90 for the 2nd!!! :eek:

You had a bargain at 19.95!!! :p

But yes, that's why I'm with D* now. I "cut the cord"!

From 10/27/07

From 1/14/08:

Given the amount of "Homework" you've done in the past and your desire to have a provider "give" you what you're looking for, I have no sympathy for your "situation".

You knew the D* policy regarding their lease program before you called them. Responses in the threads I quoted you from informed you of the policies of both providers. Yet, you still chose to make an issue of it even though you knew the policies and pricing.

Current customers are not automatically "entitled" to free gear because new customers are offered promotions. New customers are not "entitled" to promotions that don't exist except in the mind of the caller.

If your homework was done fairly then you'd also include that I was willing to pay $100 for second HD DVR or $50-60 for SD DVR. Neither was an option when I talked to them. Instead, they said I'll get it for free after three months.

Regardless of how much I was willing or should pay, the two CRS simply lied to me just to have me sign up. That's the point.

Because second and third CRS knew nothing about the deal.

Well, then you know all you need to know! You made what you believe was the best decision for yourself based on reasons you only know (as no one admitted to lying). Why keep posting about it. I think it's time to move on. :what

You believed you were wronged - okay, we get it. End of story. Enjoy DISH and be happy. @party

Your original post said that the second CSR confirmed what the first one said ("Yesterday I called Dtv and signed up for one free HD DVR ... AND a promise that after three months I can get another" then "I was suspicious about the second free HD DVR so I called this morning and asked them if they are willing to give it to me in three months, why not right now? CRS told me it's because they don't have two free DVRs promotion right now but that they can assure me I'll get it in three months"). It was the third one that said differently :confused:

But, like goober22 wrote, you're happy with your decision, and that's what counts.

It depends on your package. I don't pay any DVR fee with Americas everything pack.
4 rooms DVR without any discounts with E* would cost you $17.98 per month. 2 VIP 722 $125 max for the 2nd DVR installed.
4 rooms of D* DVrs would cost you $20.96.
So your argument isn't valid.

yes and no is it valid. I have yet to see anything or talk to a CSR that says what you say is true. I also give you the benefit of the doubt that it is true. The only problem I have is that Dish keep you hostage in a higher programming package to save on some of their crappy fees.

yes and no is it valid. I have yet to see anything or talk to a CSR that says what you say is true. I also give you the benefit of the doubt that it is true. The only problem I have is that Dish keep you hostage in a higher programming package to save on some of their crappy fees.
Whats not true about what I said . Its 100% true. You don't have to talk to a CSR to figure it out . Go on dish builder. Thanks for not calling me a Lier!:mad:
DVR atvantage waives 1 DVR fee per account.
Americas Everything pack Gives Free DVR service.
$7 additional HD receiver FEE.
Again whats Not TRUE?
Your just pissed off ,Because you all rip E* for having so many fee's . when most of you don't even have a clue how the service of the fee's work. and with all E* fee's its still Cheaper then D*, and that makes you mad. Sorry I don't like being called a Lier!
And I don't need the Benifit of the doubt from ANYONE!

Whats not true about what I said . Its 100% true. You don't have to talk to a CSR to figure it out . Go on dish builder. Thanks for not calling me a Lier!:mad:

I have done the dish builder setup and ever time I have multi DVR's on the account is shows the DVR fee for each of them no matter what package I choose. By the way no need to get mad over this. It is not like you accept everybody's statements as gospel as well.

For me, it is cheaper with D*. Even after the twelve monts. I have a HD DVR, a HD receiver and Cinemax. For Dish it was $105 every month, with Direct, it will be $93 after taxes. So this is my example, not calling anyone anything.

Geesh-----

Some people really need to take the nipple out their mouth....

It is because the second and third CSR didn't read the notes on your account. If the first CSR said that you could get a free HD DVR in 3 Months, then she put it in your account notes.

Also it is well worth the money for Directv. If your so worried about wasting your money, then get rid of DISH NETWORK!

I have done the dish builder setup and ever time I have multi DVR's on the account is shows the DVR fee for each of them no matter what package I choose. By the way no need to get mad over this. It is not like you accept everybody's statements as gospel as well.

I have tried dish builder, when I was researching price against directv, with Fees it would cost as much if not a couple dollars more? maybe the site is not up to date but cost wise I did not see the savings??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)