Signing up - no locals for Boise area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
From all the posts I could search there are indeed locals for Boise, Idaho area, but when I got to Directv's site and start the signup process and put in any zip code in the Boise area, they all say "no locals".

Should I signup a different way or are there indeed no locals for Boise, ID area? I tried other states and the 'no locals' goes away. Here's the site I'm trying (83705 Zip code or similar): English Packages

I'm not interested if I can't get locals, but I suspect they might really be there if I sign up. It looks like the package price for me is lower if I end up with no locals, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Please help. Thanks.

locals are available in Boise. You actually end up doing better as Boise is a MPEG4 only market....so in simple terms you get all HD receivers regardless if you take HD or not
If you add receivers after the fact you pay for the SD version but get a HD version :)

locals available
KBOI 2
KAID 4
KAID2 4
KIVI 6
KTVB 7
KNIN 9
KTRV 12
KKJB 39

well this is interesting...I pull up D* site and put in your zip and get this

Yes! Local channels are available in your area: Boise ID 83705 We have provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.
and below it
HD Local Channels: High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are not available in your area at this time.

OK....so you still get HD equipment but the locals right now are not in HD yet. It does list the same channels I posted above

SO when you order equipment if you want more than the 2 free receivers and want extra receivers order the SD version. Like I say you'll get upgraded to HD equipment

I just tried it and you're right...it says "no locals available" yet the locals page says they are....weird

I figure the D* site isn't linking to the channels available. I'm tempted to just signup and if no locals appear right away then call in for help or cancel if I can't get them within a day or two. Thanks for checking. I'm only in it for HD, so good news for this area. I only need 2 receivers max. The old posts I searched showed that Boise HD locals were available starting a while back.

Is there anyone worth calling/asking since I'm not a D* customer yet and just want to confirm that I'd actually get the local channels? I'd also really like to confirm if the HD versions are available...

Anyone in the Boise area with Directv and getting locals???

I can confirm they are there on D*

see attached...now Boise use to be on 72W (in MPEG2 SD) but they moved them a year ago to 103W which is a HD spotbeam. The 72W is still there but D* is upgrading folks with old equipment to the new HD sat/receivers. Now they may not be carrying them in HD (but MPEG4) but the rules for equipment still apply.

You can always call D* and check or maybe PM stonecold to confirm

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 132
Sounds like enough confirmation for me to be confident in ordering. Though the bill would likely go up from what I'm being quoted. Maybe $3/mo more if indeed I get locals?

Confirmed with a CSR that locals in SD and HD are available to the Boise area. I also got a quote to switch, so we'll see what happens. I guess their website just isn't linking these area codes to what's available.

Thanks for your help on this question though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)