silly question about directv Genie install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hi guys, this may seem like a silly question,but for my situation its important.

I am considering switching form Dish to Direct to get the Genie free,plus 2 years savings.

My question is this: with the Genie how many cables will need to run from the dish to the genie, i am only going to have the genie and no additional tvs/boxes hooked up.

I have a difficult cable run and my Dish system only has a single cable from the dish, i NEED to be able to reuse this cable if i get Direct installed.

thanks in advance.

Only one cable needs to be run to the HR34 (Genie). You will have one cable running to the dish into a SWM splitter and then a single cable run to each of the clients and HR34.

Only one cable needs to be run to the HR34 (Genie). You will have one cable running to the dish into a SWM splitter and then a single cable run to each of the clients and HR34.

Dang Jag, ninja fast reply, thank you very much!

just curious, what is SWM splitter, i know it doesn't mean "single white male" ,but i dont know what it DOES mean, lol

If your present cable is RG 5, it will have to be upgraded to RG 6. I switched from Dish and had to have new cable runs.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)