Silverbird TV on 37.7W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
Is anybody receiving the silverbird TV on 37.7w in the US? I know that satellite says on lyngsat that it covers Europe and Africa, but i am able to get Metro TV here in Houston on that Satellite eventhough it says footprint is Europe and Africa.

Hi Sanjap

well around 3 months metro tv was on america foot print but now don't show more but i still get that signal, is good but the other one from nigeria i really don't know, but if u got some signal on the other channel (silverbird tv).

let me know thanks Manny

Metro TV is still showing as of today. Lyngsat is not accurate about the footprint. In fact it is one of the strongest transponder that I get on the eastern arc. Silverbird is using DVB-S2. I'll check with my AZBOX later for you. I just received my AZBOX Premium Plus, and was busy programming 55W to 135W sats and learning about the receiver since it does not comes with a manual nor is their one available for it.

Hi Sanjap

well around 3 months metro tv was on america foot print but now don't show more but i still get that signal, is good but the other one from nigeria i really don't know, but if u got some signal on the other channel (silverbird tv).

let me know thanks Manny

I am in Texas and i am getting both channels on my 6ft dish. Silverbird is coming weak though but it is watchable. My Azbox premium plus power supply just died so i am in the dark now for a few days.

the metrotv na beam has been there all along. it just ended up unlisted on lyngsat. silver tv is a no go for me tho north of the canadian border. my dish may be a little less than tweaked tho.

crackt out,.

I cannot get Silver TV on my 6 ft dish. However Metro TV (GS Telecom) comes in booming. I did a blindscan (hardware) with my AZBOX Premium Plus on that sat and with a 6 ft dish and based on my location no other transponder was available except Metro TV.

I cannot get Silver TV on my 6 ft dish. However Metro TV (GS Telecom) comes in booming. I did a blindscan (hardware) with my AZBOX Premium Plus on that sat and with a 6 ft dish and based on my location no other transponder was available except Metro TV.

Interesting. How come i get Silverbird TV from Texas on that bird. I will expect someone from Florida to get a better shot at that bird. Your setup has to be spot on to get that as it is an 8psk S2 signal.

Interesting. How come i get Silverbird TV from Texas on that bird. I will expect someone from Florida to get a better shot at that bird. Your setup has to be spot on to get that as it is an 8psk S2 signal.

Thats exactly the issue. I don't believe I 'm aligned correctly on the eastern arc as far as weak signals are concerned. Nevertheless I can get almost everything from 15W to 135W, so I'll leave it as is until I upgrade to a larger dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)