Guide Program Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
Anyone else having problems with the guide program information. I'm picking up the guide ok but not the program information. When I select info I get the go to G-1 screen. When I go to G-1 (any DCII channel) my 922 sits there and displays "searching" or whatever it displays. The 922 will do this for about 10 min then just goes back to the normal screen but no guide info..

Will a re-hit or unplugging fix this. Going to Diag Screen F and hitting Info to reset the guide is of no help.

Been like this for a while now. I suspect it's something on my end because I have not seen any postings related to this problem.

Thanks

It's just on my end I guess. I pulled the plug on my 922 and no change. Next is to get a re-hit from SRL.

Same thing here. They'll never get the IPG straightened out. So, we'll just have to live with what they give us.

Thanks for the info. My next step was to do a master reset which I don't want to do unless all else failed (and the end of the earth is near :)). Now that I know it's not just me I don't have to go through that PITA.

I don't get program info on every show but get a fair amount. Been like that for many years.

I am having the same problem here 40 miles east of S.F. Has not worked for 3 days now. I called SkyVision today and everything they told me to do I have already tried. I ordered a re-hit and unplugged my 922 for a minute. It did not help. SkyVision said that it could be that I am not getting a strong enough signal. I think they don't know what's wrong either. Usually they are helpful. Not this time though. Luckily, I can get that info from my Direct TV guide.

Luckily, I can get that info from my Direct TV guide.

I've already seen issues with the direct tv guide. Yesterday the guide showed different programs then what was on the screen on a couple channels. The 4DTV though has been messed with somewhat for the 4.5 years I owned it. It probably worked great back in the day before Motorola corrupted so much data and never wanted to fix it right.

I get the guide reliably for the program schedule, but not for the individual program details. Only occassionally am I getting the details this year. On G1, I get a quality reading on my 922 of 85-94, so I really do not believe that I have a signal problem. If I 'reload' the guide, it loads up in the normal slow time, and I have the same thing that I had before. I believe that the data is just not being sent...

I had this problem, just lived with it, then I read a post, can't remember where for sure, anyway I unpluged the unit for like a half hour, then did what ever the instructions said to do to dump the guide, let it reload and havent had a problem since, sorry I can't remember the particulars, but maybe some one else here knows how to do those things and can help.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts