Similar Treads

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Ok guys,
Its back, the annoying similar threads bs.

Back in '08 as well as '15 people inquired about how to shut it off ...
No one ever answered either way ...

Scott,
Is there an option to turn this off for us ?

I don't remember seeing it in a long time, now its there again.

Reactions: Bobby
Are you talking about the "similar threads" you see when you go to post a new thread, or at the bottom of this one? I don't find that feature nearly so annoying as seeing posts come in via refresh out of sequence from those I am reading. Now that's annoying! And confusing when you haven't seen the intervening posts, and then have the joy of reading them twice when you finally get to the end of the thread.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Are you talking about the "similar threads" you see when you go to post a new thread, or at the bottom of this one? I don't find that feature nearly so annoying as seeing posts come in via refresh out of sequence from those I am reading. Now that's annoying! And confusing when you haven't seen the intervening posts, and then have the joy of reading them twice when you finally get to the end of the thread.
The ones at the bottom of this post ... for example .

I was not able to find an option for this in my preferences.

The flip side of this concern has actually been bugging me lately: resurrecting old threads to talk about issues that are sort of the same but are pretty obviously new and independent issues.

Still seeing it on the dark version.
And Default as well.
Still seeing it on SG Default, no Sticky
edit: Bobby was too fast for me!
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 21.06.51.png

Reactions: TheKrell
I've tried all four styles and the related threads haven't appeared since Scott said they were gone.

I'm using Firefox on three different platforms: Debian, Windows and Android.

Reactions: TheKrell
I've tried all four styles and the related threads haven't appeared since Scott said they were gone.

I'm using Firefox on three different platforms: Debian, Windows and Android.
Maybe that's it, I'm using Chrome. Just tried it in Firefox, same issue, they are still there. I'm using a Mac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts