simple 508 question

willr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
se pa
My Daughter has 508 with lots of stuff recorded on it. I have a new 612 coming for her next week. Can she still watch the recordings on the 705 if I unplug the dish from it? if yes, will it still let her watch her recordings if we 1st unplug the receiver from dish, install new 612, then remove 708 from the account? not trying to steal something here, just give her time to catch up on all her recordings while the new receiver is hooked up, and recording the new versions of the same shows. If no, there is only one coax drop into her bedroom that comes from a DPP44. Is there a switch I can put in her room so both the receivers will continue to run for a couple weeks? I know I have been told (here) they don't want the 110/119 plugged in to the DPP44 along with the new 1000.4 dish, (something about dual arc) but others here say it works fine :) Since I own all the dishes and the 508, what I do after he leaves is up to me

follow up question

I have 61.5, 110 and 119 feeding a DPP44, which has 3 single home runs into each receiver area. Each 722 has a switch on the back that connects this single run into both SAT ports. The installer will be replacing my 61.5 with a 1000.4, but I will make him leave my 110/119 alone (he will unplug it from the DPP44). He will then unplug the 508 and install 612. Once he leaves, if I was to hook the 110/119 dish back up to the DPP44 and plug back in the 508 I have read (here) that it is not supported, but will work. But with a single feed into that bedroom, is there a switch I can use to run both the 508 and 612 off that same single feed from the DPP44?

Those things on the back of your duo receivers are called "separators", not "switches."

Yes, I believe you can do as you want, with one exception. You must have an RG6 cable going from each receiver all the way up to your switch. You could also simplify by cabling up your 508 directly to your D500 twin, and cabling up your HD receivers directly to your 1000.4. No DP44 is really needed.

Yes, I believe you can do as you want, with one exception. You must have an RG6 cable going from each receiver all the way up to your switch. You could also simplify by cabling up your 508 directly to your D500 twin, and cabling up your HD receivers directly to your 1000.4. No DP44 is really needed.

Problem is there is only ONE RG6 fished through the walls from each receiver to the DPP44 location. Then there is only 1 RG6 from the DPP44 to the location where the 1000.4 will be going (currently a 61.5). The dish is around 50' from the switch. What is the model number of the switch I would use that would allow me to hook 2 receivers in one room, to this single cable that goes through the walls to the DPP44 location? Then my DPP44 will have a 1000.4, and a 500 looking at 110/119 plugged into it.

No switch exists to feed two receivers from one cable. Sorry! You will also need one cable per orbital location going from the 1000.4 to your switch.

BTW - I hope you are aware of the fact that the DPP44 has only 4 inputs. Probably you intend to hook up the 61.5 and 72.7 outputs of your 1000.4, and also 110/119 to your DPP44. This is unsupported, but reputedly works.

Thanks everyone. I found a drawing of the wiring diagram for the 1000.4 I see it has 1 ouput for up to 3 receivers, but I also see it can be attached to a DPP44 by 3 cables. This is my best bet because the DPP44 is already there and all 3 receivers are wired to it. I guess I will just shut off the 508 (since it is such a PITA to run a new cable through the wall).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts