since 4DTV may end...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GO was the old place for maps now it's G1-3.

G0 still provides the maps. This was never stopped on G0 as when a master reset is done it has always been done at this location.
G1-03 also provides maps and this is where the guide information is downloaded from. The maps and guide information are 2 different items and should not be confused.

I would post some other idea's but not here I'll do it in the WUT 4D thread that Motorola can't read.
I have no idea what WUT is, I just came across this place when searching for something else recently, and some questions posted here needed to be clarified.

I suggest no one that want's to use there receiver for a hobby box after Dec 31 subscribe past November. That's when it's all going to start hitting the fan.
I have never trusted Gi or Motorola with their lies and crafty practices. I may park my dishes as far to the east as they can go on a satellite with no DCII signals before Dec. and let them there for awhile.

G0 still provides the maps. This was never stopped on G0 as when a master reset is done it has always been done at this location.
G1-03 also provides maps and this is where the guide information is downloaded from. The maps and guide information are 2 different items and should not be confused.

I have no idea what WUT is, I just came across this place when searching for something else recently, and some questions posted here needed to be clarified.

I have never trusted Gi or Motorola with their lies and crafty practices. I may park my dishes as far to the east as they can go on a satellite with no DCII signals before Dec. and let them there for awhile.

I stand corrected the Guide used to be on G0 now it's on G1. The maps are on any premium channel and W5.

WUT is Whats up there it is our hidden area for feeds etc. We have a discussion going on there that Motorola don't have access too. Normally it takes a while to get access. Maybe we can get you in there early since you seem to have some good input on the DC. It may take pulling a few strings. You need to PM Iceberg and let him know you want access then maybe some of us can vouch for you and get you in.

I don't trust Motorola either. Since I got DirecTV My bud has been sitting on HSN on C4 mostly. Even with the 4D receiver off I have taken zero HITS. So it's safe there.

My Skywalker-1 will NOT play FP channels. It only plays ZK channels. Yes, it will technically "receive" FP channels, but it receives them as encrypted channels, and unless you have some software to bypass the encryption, you can't play them.
So I'm curious with respect to what you are using to play FP channels received by the Genpix? Ie, is there some software out there that uses the GI/MOT fixed key used by the FP channels?

Since you brought up the NET channels, I'm curious about why they have most of their channels ZK, but have a couple of them in FP mode. My 4200 plays all but the HD channel. My Genpix plays the HD channel, but doesn't play the couple of FP channels. It's just strange that they have a couple channels in FP for some reason.

sorry I must have been mistaken I receive the zk channels just as you do. My point was that the skywalker 1 does not require the channel maps.

The maps are on any premium channel and W5.

This weekend if I get the chance I am going to pull out the old 921 that has been put away for some time and do a "MR" on it and sit it on W5 to see if it will pick up the maps with the generics.
Thanks for the other info I sent the pm off so I'll see....

Does the Skywalker have descrambling capabilities for ZK? Or just what is ITC without any encryption? Sounds interesting.

The cards will only do Zero Key not Fixed Process since FP is actually encrypted where a once subbed receiver is needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts