single line amplifier with power adapter needed for c and ku band on a 0-22khz switch and in 250ft

Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
finally after setting up my dvb card i realized the line didn't have sufficient power to the 250ft single line

single line as one cable to a swtich 22khz lnb ku band and c band lnb 0khz tone kinda setup

im also getting losses because of the 22khz splitter and of ws internatinal will upgrade it of course

and a actuator controller setup

dvb card ----> half way the line 950-2150 inline amplifier ----->controller for actuator----.22khz switch--------------------------->lnb c okhz and diseqc 22khz tone u lnb

so thats basically the setup

but i wanted to ask if there is a better amplifier in single line than the sonora pal1

i know i had the old pal1 in grey color seen in the picture but wanted to know if there is something out there newer with a power supply

Attachments

• sonorapal1.jpg
    sonorapal1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 173
  • sonorapal1manual1.jpg
    sonorapal1manual1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 169
Your best option is to not use an inline amplifier. 250 foot run shouldn't need an inline amplifier.

What do you mean, "line didn't have sufficient power to the 250ft single line"? Is the LNBF not switching polarities? Motor not reliably moving? Switch not reliably selecting the target LNBF?

PCIe tuners are notorious for not outputting adequate power for motors or multi-LNBF systems. Add to this a longer coax run and additional inline devices that will further reduce the voltage and available current at the end of the coax run. The inline amplifier does not increase the voltage or current going out to the dish. It rarely provides a better signal quality on a medium length run like yours.

Poor quality coax is usually the main problem with long runs. Voltage drops on copper over steel and 22KHz/DiSEqC control signals are attenuated without good shielding. Are you using quality RG6, copper core with quad shield?

You might consider a voltage sensing 13/18Vdc power inserter or a powered DiSEqC switch to provide more voltage and current to supplement the PCIe tuner power.

rg11 is the cable in orange color

i have not been able to measure the exact distance but its well over 250 feet like maybe another 100 or 150 ft more

because i have used a power inserter before of the kind and didn't have a problem but now messing with c band ku band i want to find the same or alike option to do the same on a dvb card that i know i have a locked signal on it from the dish side

i will get a approcimate feet for it tomorrow

now i know there are many diseqc switches so i was looking at the technisat and only find the 220v version wich i dont want

https://www.technisat.com/en_XX/BBV-2150-Plus-2-broadband-amplifier/352-1820-10594/

i only want one with 1 line

could not find on on spaun diseqc swtiches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)