Sioux Falls Locals--NO FOX HD?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS--NO FOX????????????

What's the point? FOX broadcasts HD to the local Sioux Falls area--not beyond about 20 miles, though, so, we, 50 miles away cannot get FOX HD anyway anywhere? We can't even get an SD signal with outside antenna.

Why can't we get a waiver so we can get FOX HD DN????

Why don't we have FOX HD? Does DISH have the FOX HD to rebroadcast?

We ought to then get the National FOX HD--how can we get that?

THE SD signal is JUST UNWATCHABLE!

What's the problem anyway?

I called a CSR and she said it was only broadcast in the evening, but I know that I at least should see 720 p or 1080i resoluton even if the programming I see is not in HD--it's that way with the other 3 networks.

Who can we complain to about this?

Complain to both your local Fox affiliate and DirecTv for not working out a deal that's fair for both companies. You're going to see this kind of thing pop up more and more now that broadcasters want to monetize their signals that satellite and cable companies used to carry for free.

Complain to both your local Fox affiliate and DirecTv for not working out a deal that's fair for both companies. You're going to see this kind of thing pop up more and more now that broadcasters want to monetize their signals that satellite and cable companies used to carry for free.

So it's possible that DISH may have worked out a deal to carry FOX HD in their Locals, but not Direct? My only other option then is to move service or defect to DISH? This is really a bad move for both D* and KTTW. Sioux Falls is a very fast-growing city and economy. My son lives right IN Sioux Falls and cannot get KTTW with indoor antenna--so he couldn't even get HD with Direct either.

Last edited:
it sounds like more of a local FOX problem. D* worked out agreements with the other stations. The opposite (sort of ) happened here in Cincy. E* does not carry ANY of the locals in HD. That's why I have been a sub to D* for the past 1.5 yrs. Crazy, eh? :cool:

Called the Local Fox Affiliate in Sioux Falls and got an interesting answer. His version is that D* did not want to use the location available from the Fox affiliate for uplinking the HD singnal--that was BEFORE the Fox affiliate put up a new VHF tower near where the other networks broadcast their digital signals.

He doesn't think DIRECT TV has taken the time to re-evaluate the location of the uplink and their only option for the local Fox Affiliate was for them to pay $2000/month to have their signal uplinked at the location chosen by Direct.

When I called Direct they kept saying it was in the Fox affiliate's or the FCC's hands (this was a lowly CSR) and would not give me another department to speak with.

So, thanks DIRECT--for nothing. Can't you go back and re-evaluate a location for uplinking the signal now that they have a new tower near where the other network affiliates uplink their signal??? My goodness--what's the problem anyway?

I wish I knew who to talk to about this?

No big loss anyway

I just today heard that KTTW has digital going from Rowena at full power so I set up my Dish receiver to receive it directly as a local - and the picture is almost as bad as from the SD uplink on Dish network. KTTW has real issues with quality and apparently does not have much HD. I am anxiously awaiting the Packers game on Sunday to see if they have any HD.

Last edited:
I just today heard that KTTW has digital going from Rowena at full power so I set up my Dish receiver to receive it directly as a local - and the picture is almost as bad as from the SD uplink on Dish network. KTTW has real issues with quality and apparently does not have much HD. I am anxiously awaiting the Packers game on Sunday to see if they have any HD.

We just got a yaggi antenna -- it does pick up KTTW's signal. Their SD is pretty poor, but still better than D* SD signal. HD was ok on the 24 Redemption special. So we totally unsub'd from locals (saving $3 a month). Glad the D* guide shows OTA program guide even tho they are not through D* & can record them--and can get PBS.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)