Sirius radio complete not working

wvernon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
When I try to connect, Timetrax recast says Sirius connect found on port 4. Then it says an error has occurred attempting to connect to my satellite radio, asks if it's connected, etc. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Sorry, I didn't read the sticky before posting. I submitted a problem ticket. I will say that your customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Emailing with a 24 hour turn around during business hours is ridiculous. I'll be lucky to be up by Christmas at this rate.

Just to let people know, I received an email with a solution from Derek after 8:00 on a Friday night. Thanks

Still doesn't work right after all. Is it normal to wait hours for channel load?

Nope I wait maybe 2 or 3 mins max. Seems like a while sitting there but it may not even be that long definately not hours.

Thanks for the reply. I did a reboot and now the radio doesn't connect again. What a waste of a Friday night.

I understand Timetrax is a small company but right now they are selling a package that flat out doesn't work (Sirius Complete). I didn't pay close to $200.00 to be a beta tester. If that's what they want me to be, they can provide the equipment, software and Sirius subscription free. Right now, I'm signed up to Sirius because it appeared my system was up so I'm paying a subscription for nothing.

It doesn't work, trust me. I actually had a third party give me some free software he developed so I could at least listen to the radio. He may pm you but I don't want to disclose his identity (thanks BD :) Right now they are selling a product that doesn't work, period. Only took me about 4 days and 15 hours of my time to figure that out.

Ok I had the same problem, and maybe it could help. I purchased the software and didn't activate the receiver yet, thinking when I hooked up the TT software it would say call 800-xxx-xxxx to activate. but that was not the case. The software will not work unless activated. So after I figured that out I called to activate, but I did not have a good signal, so the unit still did not activate. So I took my antenna and placed it on my roof, called sirius back up and the sent another signal down, and I was up. TT was of no help. Actually i an still waiting for an answer although problem has been resolved for 2 weeks.

hope this can help

liftn said:
Ok I had the same problem, and maybe it could help. I purchased the software and didn't activate the receiver yet, thinking when I hooked up the TT software it would say call 800-xxx-xxxx to activate. but that was not the case. The software will not work unless activated. So after I figured that out I called to activate, but I did not have a good signal, so the unit still did not activate. So I took my antenna and placed it on my roof, called sirius back up and the sent another signal down, and I was up. TT was of no help. Actually i an still waiting for an answer although problem has been resolved for 2 weeks.

hope this can help

My receiver is activated and works fine - using someone elses software. It doesn't work using TT and never has. Are you talking about the Sirius setup?

I am experiencing the same problem. I received the complete system last Tuesday and the best I have managed is to get to the point of loading channels once, then it just died. Now I get the “Radio Found not message”. TT might be a small company, but if the product is having major issues, then inform the customer… Don’t leave us hanging, wondering if it’s a software issue or a conflict with something else on our systems.

Wvernon, I would love to know if my radio is functioning or not… Can you PM me with the info on app that allows you to control the radio.

Thanks
JohnL

Guys,

We may have identified an issue with the Radio Hardware itself.

We are working hard to find out what the issue is and to come up with a resolution.

This one honestly caught us by surprise and we are doing our best to rectify it.

Not much else I can say.... but I do feel all of your pain in this.

We are committed to getting you guys up and running. It is going to take a bit of time however.

We appreciate your support and patience.

Derek

dserianni said:
Guys,

We are working hard to find out what the issue is and to come up with a resolution.

This one honestly caught us by surprise and we are doing our best to rectify it.

We are committed to getting you guys up and running. It is going to take a bit of time however.

Derek

How could it catch you by surprise? Are you saying you don't even test your products before you sell them? Ridiculous.

dserianni said:
Guys,

Derek

Well, at least the issue has been found. Thanks for the update

JohnL

Shouldn't have been too hard to find. All they had to do was try to use it and discover it didn't work. Some pretty stringent testing must be going on.

Is it a problem with a specific receiver? I have the SIR-JVC1. The right thing to do would be to swap our receivers with ones that work rather than tell us it is going to take some time to fix something that we paid for!

Guys - I understand that you are frustrated. If you would like, I would be happy to arrange to have your units returned and your money refunded immediately. Otherwise, we want to continue to work through the issues and solve them as quickly as we can.

That being said, yes, we know there is a group of customers that are having difficulties getting up and running successfully. But it is just that - a relatively small group of customers. Now I know that if you are one of those customers it doesn't make you feel any better to hear that, but you are making some pretty serious accusations and statements. There are currently tens of thousands of people that use Time Trax on a regular basis and although our average volume of support tickets and reported problems is currently higher than the industry average, they are still low in a relative sense as a percentage of our user base. It's easy to misjudge the bigger picture of the success, failure or usability of our software when the context is generally a resource that users turn to for assistance when things aren't working properly for them.

Our products are developed with input from our customers, alpha tested internally, beta tested by real world customers and released. We know that we've got to get better testing and support processes in place and those are top of mind and top of list here.

The people at Time Trax work hard day-in and day-out (and recently through the night) to support users, put out the best product that we can and to fight for the "fair use" rights of our customers. We don't want unhappy customers - I don't know why we would want to give you anything but the best product and the best support that we can. We're working hard to get there.

I hope that information is helpful. Importantly I hope that I've shared information with you that will stop the unnecessary negativity and false statements and assumptions and allow us to stick to constructive criticism in the interest of making and better and better product that everyone can take advantage of and benefit from.

Questions, concerns? Frustrated? Let me and or Derek know. We'll try and get things pointed in the right direction for you.

David
Time Trax

To answer another posted question - it appears that there have been many more problems with Kenwood receivers than the others. If there was another one worth mentioning it would be the JVC, although it doesn't seem to be in the same neighborhood as the Kenwood issues.

We are also working with the distributor and manufacturer to try to determine why there are problems with them - they should be identical to the receiver portion of the other units. In our testing we didn't find any difference amongst them.

Keep in mind that we are no where near a 100% problem rate with the Kenwoods, there are plenty out there functioning fine. There's a chance that because it's a newer product for Sirius also that we just ran into a bad batch of radios.

There are also definitely two separate things going on and one is hardware related, the other software related. Looking at them both.

David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)