Sirius radio complete not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dkieffer said:
Questions, concerns? Frustrated? Let me and or Derek know. We'll try and get things pointed in the right direction for you.

David
Time Trax

I'd love to let you know. What number do I call to talk to one of you. Since the percentage of users that were shipped non-working packages is so small, I'm sure you have time to talk on the phone right? Bottom line is you guys should be sending new (pre-tested) units to everyone who was shipped non-working systems and shipping labels to return the so-called defective units. I'm listening to one of your defective Kenwood tuners right now using someone else's program, doesn't sound broke to me. You're just kidding yourselves if you think you're handling this situation professionally.

I'm listening to one of your defective Kenwood tuners right now using someone else's program, doesn't sound broke to me.

It would seem that maybe there is a programatically difference between older and new Kenwood units, meaning that the unit somehow gets locked up whent he TT software connects to it and when you have the other "too wimpy to mention the real name software" doesn't send those commands to the kenwood unit so it works.

My recommendation to TT is that you start checking into which model/serial# units work vs. which model/serial# units DON'T. This will help you figure out which units might have different firmwares (based on serial #'s and build/manufacture date) and this way you could obtain a unit thats not working, and make a new build of TT that will NOT freeze the units.

I dunno. I'm really glad you deleted all those other posts as we are just headed down the same path of mismanaging users. [/sarcasm]

Just my thoughts. But remember, I still have not received return e-mails from the ones I've sent to TT. So who knows.

I am having this exact same problem.

I ordered a Sirius Complete and Time Trax Recast simply refuses to work with it. It detects the USB interface on (virtual COM) port 3, but then times out with the same error message you guys saw. I assumed there was a problem with the hardware and was in the process of packing everything up to send it back when I stumbled across this little gem. It's clear to me now that the hardware is working just fine, it's the Recast software that has the problem.

Anyway, since everything is working fine using the third-party app, I've decided to hang onto my Sirius Complete hardware in the hope that TT comes out with a fix and I'll actually be able to use the software I paid $45 for. The alternative is to ship everything back - which would mean the one-year Sirius subscription I just bought will be at least partially wasted; not exactly my first choice. :)

It's good to know the TT folks are aware of the problem and areworking on a fix. I look forward to an announcement regarding the release of a fixed version of Recast.

PhuckNut said:
It would seem that maybe there is a programatically difference between older and new Kenwood units, meaning that the unit somehow gets locked up whent he TT software connects to it and when you have the other "too wimpy to mention the real name software" doesn't send those commands to the kenwood unit so it works.

BTW, if anyone from TT would like a capture of the TTRecast that doesn't work as well as a capture from the third-party app that does work, just let me know. I have a little utility called PortMon that can capture all kinds of information that may be helpful to you. Just say the word. :D

If it's working with another app - we'll make the adjustments that are needed to make it with ours. I'm unsure and quite embarrassed that it hasn't been resolved by now. Hang tight - I'll share whatever information that I have.

Thanks for the offer fugue - I've passed it along.

David

Just setup mine today(jvc) having the same problems as u guys. What a bummer i waited a while to install this after I got it on 8-20 so they could work out any bugs (so much 4 that idea!) At this point i wonder if i can still get a refund

They told me a week ago they would give me a 20% refund for my trouble and I'm still waiting. There was no way I was going to send back anything because I don't think they have the technical competence to credit my card. I would just file a complaint with my credit card company if you can't find any software that suits your needs. Then you'll have a running record of their ineptitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)