SiriusXM channels missing

As a tech agent, I really wish we would have been made aware of this. I only know about this from this and another forum I belong to.

I see so many agents getting these calls, not being aware of what's going on, and sending tech after tech out to fix the "Missing channel" issue. which won't fix the issue, and ends up with frustrated and upset customers.

I'm going to be honest - this has been communicated in many different ways to agents and there are multiple tools that would help with understanding the cause of missing channels. The outage has made everything MUCH more difficult though, but any feedback should be sent through your coach/manager and it should reach the appropriate people to address it. I don't really want to go into all the different agent tools etc, but the info is there.

And techs getting hits on their metrics for BS R12's, wasting money on truck rolls, making it harder to schedule other customers as we are extremely busy now and hitting office metrics for the extra truck rolls, the jobs without sales opportunities, etc. Not to mention the insanely long waits on hold for a DASH rep since the cyber attack.

It's long been an issue with the boots on the ground how the CSR's are not informed about things that we know are known issues and one of the reasons for the perception that Dish is OK with techs and subs losing money over things like this.

The techs in my office only know about this because I read this forum and relay the information, otherwise they would be wasting time and receivers trying to fix something that has no fix.
Tech communication isn't my department but I've been told tools have been updated to reflect changes and should help but I know you guys have the most difficult job of actually trying to identify what is actually happening with the customer's installation. I will pass feedback your feedback on to the IHS operations team.

Josh. Are you allowed to say when approximately the MPEG2 -> MPEG4 conversion on the WA is expected to be completed?

Summer, things are a bit fluid at the moment but I'd estimate July.

I'm going to be honest - this has been communicated in many different ways to agents and there are multiple tools that would help with understanding the cause of missing channels. The outage has made everything MUCH more difficult though, but any feedback should be sent through your coach/manager and it should reach the appropriate people to address it. I don't really want to go into all the different agent tools etc, but the info is there.

Tech communication isn't my department but I've been told tools have been updated to reflect changes and should help but I know you guys have the most difficult job of actually trying to identify what is actually happening with the customer's installation. I will pass feedback your feedback on to the IHS operations.
I've added this info into the various chats I'm in, and "side I'md" several coaches about it, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. When i log in tomorrow, I'm adding it to the Forums as well. Every day I see other agents still rolling trucks for this same issue.

It's just frustrating. But thank you for the info.

I've added this info into the various chats I'm in, and "side I'md" several coaches about it, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. When i log in tomorrow, I'm adding it to the Forums as well. Every day I see other agents still rolling trucks for this same issue.

It's just frustrating. But thank you for the info.

I totally understand the frustration. The outage threw a major wrench in everything communication wise, and made an already complicated situation much much much more complicated.

Thank you for your efforts, and hang in there.

I totally understand the frustration. The outage threw a major wrench in everything communication wise, and made an already complicated situation much much much more complicated.

Thank you for your efforts, and hang in there.
I don't understand why Dish is not relaying this information down the line. I have a tech right now at a TC because the SD Duplicates are missing, along with 213 (CX has a 222) and we see 103 is gone from the Hoppers.

This is a long-running complaint for Techs, not being informed

I don't understand why Dish is not relaying this information down the line. I have a tech right now at a TC because the SD Duplicates are missing, along with 213 (CX has a 222) and we see 103 is gone from the Hoppers.

I noticed at a job earlier that it was on dishscapes and it showed 103. I was wondering what was going on with that.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Not to mention we have customer service agents taking calls for tech that they have not been trained on.

My channels came back at 1 a.m. 7-11-23, but they didn't work. When I turned on my receiver this morning everything worked like it should and notice some channels back I didn't know was gone. Anyone still missing channels? Or did everyone get them back. (Washington State)

Color me amazed. In addition to Sirius music returning, Ch. 540 4K is now in the guide for Alaska. It's been gone for 6 years, I think it's been, and I'm looking forward to checking it out for the FIFA women's world cup soon.