SiriusXM Officially Launches MySXM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SiriusXM Launches MySXM

MySXM empowers listeners with the fusion of personalization and SiriusXM’s curated commercial-free music and comedy channels to create radio’s best listening experience

Enhanced music discovery, increased library size, and many more channel-specific user controls

Allows listeners to easily create over 100 variations of each of more than 50 SiriusXM channels for unlimited hours of listening

NEW YORK – April 15, 2013 – Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced the launch of MySXM, an innovative personalization feature that empowers SiriusXM Internet Radio listeners with the ability to easily personalize existing SiriusXM commercial-free music and comedy channels to create a more tailored listening experience.

On SiriusXM channels with the MySXM feature, listeners can easily adjust each channel’s unique controls for a more custom fit listening experience, including the ability to hear thousands of songs performed exclusively for SiriusXM. Channel-specific sliders allow users to create over 100 variations of each of more than 50 SiriusXM channels by adjusting characteristics like library depth, familiarity, music style, tempo, region, and multiple other channel-specific attributes. SiriusXM will add more channels to its MySXM channel line-up over time.

“MySXM is a personalization feature built to enhance our already well-loved curated commercial-free music and comedy channels and make an already amazing listening experience even more personal,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “Our experts set the stage giving you the tools to make the channel your own. You decide how involved you want to get and where you want to take your channel.”

With MySXM, SiriusXM listeners can personalize their experience to hear more of the music and comedy they love and less of what they don’t, whether it’s more grunge rock on Lithium, less Euro on 1st Wave, more established comedians on Raw Dog Comedy, or less teen pop on SiriusXM Hits 1.

MySXM combines SiriusXM’s programming and curation expertise with powerful algorithms to create a personalized listening experience for SiriusXM Internet Radio listeners. SiriusXM will employ continuous innovation and improvement, offering new features and capabilities to listeners with even more options to enjoy its expertly curated content.

MySXM is available at no extra charge to SiriusXM Internet Radio subscribers for unlimited hours of listening on the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android-powered smartphones and other connected devices and at siriusxm.com.

MySXM joins a lineup of SiriusXM Internet Radio features that also includes SiriusXM On Demand, giving subscribers the ability to choose episodes from a catalog of more than 300 shows and over 3,000 hours of content to listen whenever they want. Subscribers listening via the Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Android smartphones and other connected devices can also store select On Demand content for a period of time on their devices for offline listening.

Additional SiriusXM Internet Radio features include Start Now giving listeners the ability to go back up to 5 hours to listen to previously broadcast SiriusXM content on their own schedules. Listeners can also use the Tune Start™ feature to automatically start the currently playing song from the beginning so they hear the whole song when tuning to any music channel. In addition, listeners can also pause live SiriusXM programming and pick up where they left off, replay a song or segment, or skip forward to hear what’s playing next.

Listeners can register for a 7-day trial to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio. For more information on SiriusXM Internet Radio, please visit www.siriusxm.com/internetradio.

One thing I noticed is that when you fine tune a channel using My SXM, the audio quality goes down in the gutter. I usually dock my phone in the car and use the app since #1) its cheaper than activating my OEM radio, #2) unnaffected by tree cover and overpasses and #3) the sound quality is far better than what comes over the sats.

So a normal live station sounds excellent. More so than what is broadcast over the air. But turn on My SXM and then the iPhone app sounds more like the satellite radio (64kbps MP3). It's just way over compressed.

Basically if I want to fine tune music I will use Slacker or Pandora. If I want to discover new music and keep up with top playlists, I will use Sirius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)