SiriusXM Rates Going Up Feb 1st...

I wonder how many people actually pay full price. I've had at least a 50% discount for over 5 years. If they ever decide to not allow the discount, I'd be gone. I don't think it is worth more than $100/year.

Wow thanks for info and wonder how many subscribers they will lose now and if they don't give discounts out :)

I wonder how many people actually pay full price. I've had at least a 50% discount for over 5 years. If they ever decide to not allow the discount, I'd be gone. I don't think it is worth more than $100/year.

my dad is the same way. When he bought his truck 2 years ago he got I think 90 days free XM...every time he calls to cancel they offer him like $5-$7 a month to stay for 6 months so he keeps it. He wishes he could add the Sirius package to get the Nascar stuff but I dont know if the installed units can

If you just do music, Slacker is $4 a month.. And the channels can go even deeper than XM used to.. Just sayin..

I have had it with Sirius and their crap. Its now simply FM that you have to pay for. I dumped them almost a year ago and I will not be returning until Mel has been grilled by the DoJ and SEC and they put Hugh Panero back in charge.

If you just do music, Slacker is $4 a month.. And the channels can go even deeper than XM used to.. Just sayin..

I have had it with Sirius and their crap. Its now simply FM that you have to pay for. I dumped them almost a year ago and I will not be returning until Mel has been grilled by the DoJ and SEC and they put Hugh Panero back in charge.

You're behind the times. Mel is gone.

I told them the same thing two days ago, I re upped when I changed from XM to Sirius when I got my new car over the weekend ...
Got my radios for I think with taxes and all was $ 117. per radio, the new one is free for the first 6 months.

I told her (after I got someone in the USA !) that the rates were too high and I was gonna cut back my 2 extra radios, then she said she had a good deal, pretty much 1/2 price if I wanted it.

I figure thats about what it's worth, so I'm good with it.

You're behind the times. Mel is gone.

No I'm not. I know he's gone. However Mel is the one who sat there and straight-faced lied to the SEC and DoJ in order to create a monopoly, and hes the one who ran the company straight into the ground as he pulled the ripcord on his golden parachute. And I highly doubt anyone associated with him will do things any different.

I want to see him pay the damn piper.

What irritates me is it seems like the talk channels are getting more and more commercials on them.

We pay really cheap rates for both of our radios. When I re-upped the one in my wife's SUV they offered us the internet streaming free for 6 months.

What irritates me is it seems like the talk channels are getting more and more commercials on them...

They seem to have mostly commercials for wiener pills, and those are played far too often. What ever happened to "Ellen the attorney"? :confused: Those were funny commercials.

As of February 14th, they yanked Sirius 126, which (among other things) carried Tom Sullivan's show, which is far better than Hannity. :mad:

We had three activated receivers; two expired just over a month ago. AM and FM work just fine for the time being. When the third expires, none will likely be renewed. And to think that, back in 2005, I paid the Jeep dealership to add a Sirius receiver to my new vehicle because, after listening to the one in my Wife's Jeep, I wanted one for my own Jeep. Now, they have made it such that it's just not worthwhile anymore.

Summary: raise the rates, bother me with incessant telemarketing calls when I am trying to sleep between evening/night shifts, discontinue a really good channel, and overload their channels with wiener pill ads... a rather poor way to retain and attract subscribers.

My yearly call is coming up in a few days, not going to pay the full price for the year. If I don't get the usual discount I am ok without it

I jumped ship many years ago when they started killing of talent and channels.

Funny thing is I turned it on a few times and it still plays but I don't even feel the need to listen to it.

Sent from my little Note2

I got my notification. Wonder how much royalty fees we need to pay? It is just another tax basically. With the constant inflation, everything is rising. With satellite radio being the lowest tier of my luxuries, I will say it may be the first to go. I really like Sirius XM, but there is the line in the sand.

Glad I got out when they started the royalty fee nonsense. When I signed up for Sirius in 2002, they told me the royalties were covered with the Subscription Fee. I saw the LIE when the royalty fee became a separate line item on the bill, and that's when I bailed. Haven't looked back since. My ipod is lots cheaper to run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts