Site rules suggestions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Two suggestions:

Put a link to the site rules under "Quick Links."

Review the rules for updating. There are many references to "satelliteguys.us" - there may be more to rethink.

"Name" as opposed to "link." Can be confusing, since there's now the .com etc also available.

I suggested the Quick Link to make it a bit more visible. Tonight we had a guy asking how to make copies of DVD movies so he didn't have to buy any.

You can use the word rip here but out of courtesy to all members we would ask you not to let one rip while your here. :D

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I suggested the Quick Link to make it a bit more visible. Tonight we had a guy asking how to make copies of DVD movies so he didn't have to buy any.
Making them more visible won't make a difference for 98% of the people who visit. If they're asking how to rip movies so they don't have to buy them, you think they care about a website's rules ??? :D :D

Making them more visible won't make a difference for 98% of the people who visit. If they're asking how to rip movies so they don't have to buy them, you think they care about a website's rules ??? :D :D

You took the words right out of my mouth ( or fingers ).

The best thing to do when you see something like that is to use the Report Post icon which is the triangle with the ! in it. I agree with Hall and Rey; the vast majority of the users won't read those rules. However, if a member complains about why he/she's post was deleted or was banned all the mod has to do is point to those rules. :)

The best thing to do when you see something like that is to use the Report Post icon which is the triangle with the ! in it. I agree with Hall and Rey; the vast majority of the users won't read those rules. However, if a member complains about why he/she's post was deleted or was banned all the mod has to do is point to those rules. :)

Maybe putting the words 'report this post' or something like that next to the triangle icon, so it'd be more recognizable for what it is, would be a good idea?

The triangle is standard across all forums that use Vbulletin. I also *think* if you hover over it, it tells you what it's for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The triangle is standard across all forums that use Vbulletin. I also *think* if you hover over it, it tells you what it's for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)