Site running slow?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, things were just a little better (did you do anything Scott?). I was just browsing abound the Dish forum and page changes were a little quicker. About 10 -15 second aaverage to switch pages, with another 2 or 3 seconds to finish the blue bar and say done. Still terrible but better than it was.

I don't know what to think. It just took 20 seconds to get into this reply window. I wish I wasn't so dumb about this stuff.

It must be one of those hops between here and satguys that's messed up but I don't know how to go about getting it fixed.

Ok, I have not done a thing to my system since my last post in this thread, which was yesterday at 1:30 pm and now it's like 300% better. Pages that were taking 20 or more seconds to load Sat through Tues now load in about 5 seconds. I haven't even shut my computer off since then.

Here's a trace I just took and it shows the same problem with hop # 12, so I can't see how it's my ISP.

newtracesg.jpg

Trust me Walt, it was your connection from your ISP to us. (Somewhere in between)

With over 2,000 people online most of the time, people would be calling for my head if the server took 30 seconds to load a page.

Besides that I monitor the site via 3 different ISP's plus have 2 services which also test the operation and text message me on my cell phone if there is something wrong. :)

Trust me Walt, it was your connection from your ISP to us. (Somewhere in between)

With over 2,000 people online most of the time, people would be calling for my head if the server took 30 seconds to load a page.

Besides that I monitor the site via 3 different ISP's plus have 2 services which also test the operation and text message me on my cell phone if there is something wrong. :)
Thanks Scott and I agree with you but it's so frustrating sometimes because ISPs (Charter anyway) never seem to want to admit there's a problem at their end.

What can a person do if the problem is somewhere inbetween? How can we even tell? I mean when you look at those 2 trace routes I sent, there's not much difference yet one was when pages were taking 30 seconds and the other 5 seconds. In fact I just did one and it looks worse than either of the 2 I uploaded, yet I'm not having any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)